Why is it glowing red?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Recently, I noticed our Fantastic Fan has a red light up in the housing. You cannot see it during the day, but is visible at night as it makes the area of the plastic glow. Our fan is a model 5300, it does not reverse directions, but does have the rain sensor. According to the instructions you can override the rain sensor on the keypad, but it illuminates a red light on the keypad to indicate this. I tried the instructions (to override the rain sensor) which has you press and hold the "lid close" button for 3 seconds. This beeps and illuminates the light (rain sensor off) on the keypad, and doing it again, beeps and turns off the light on the keypad. But none of this had any effect on the light up in the fan.

Any thoughts?

B

BouseBill

Could indicate the rain sensor is turned off? On our model that is the case, but we have the MAXFAN

TravelTiger

Could indicate the rain sensor is turned off? On our model that is the case, but we have the MAXFAN

That's why I tried the instructions to turn the rain sensor on/off -- which illuminates a light on the keypad -- but this had no effect on the light in the fan.

pegmikef

Ours has always had a reddish glow at night. I never looked further because it has always functioned correctly.

TravelTiger

Ok guys, I'm going to just assume it's a "feature" not a "problem".... Thanks, forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk