Bighorn 3055 roof satellite dish installation

toddnjudy

Has anyone had a satellite dish mounted on their Bighorn 3055 yet? If so, how was it done and does it work ok? Is this something that the dealer should do?

DennisZ

Todd

I have a dome dish mounted on the roof of my 3055, it is located over the livingroom/kitchen area behind the main AC unit about 3 feet. I ran the cables forward on the roof to the area between the entry closet and the bathroom. In that area, if you remove the cabinet above the toilet you will find all the wiring that goes to the overhead roof. I drilled a hole up thru that area thru the roof to run my wires down.

I placed the satellite control in the entry closet near the light switches. You should be able to find the satellite coax that would normally go to the docking station in the area from the roof antenna provision in that area also, and not have to worry about finding the provision inside the roof.

Give me a PM if you have more questions.

Dennis

Tankie

Hi,
We are Lonnie & Trudi and we ordered our new BH 3670RL 2 weeks ago so the wait has begun! We are fulltimers currently in a HH Discovery.
Considering a roof mounted satellite and was wondering if anyone has had any issues with trees blocking reception? thanks Lonnie