Sewer hose storage pipe.

Dan50

My 2015 Big Country has the sewer hose storage tube attached to the frame at the front. When I got home this weekend I realized that one of the end caps has gone missing after breaking the swivel pins off. Has anyone had this problem and what was your solution?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

mlpeloquin

My friends Big Country came with one as well, but my Big Horn did not have any! I went to a industrial drain supply company and purchased two five inch drain pipes, a screw on adapter and an end cap. At the hardware store I purchased heavy duty plumbers tape and stainless steal screws, washers, and locknuts. $160 later I have two storage tubes that the sewer hoses and all fittings fit into. You will have to cut the tubes to length. I used a hand saw. The cost of the manufactured tubes that are long enough is more and the shipping cost is in the stratosphere. Of all the pictures I have taken, I never took a picture of them. I drill 1/2" holes across the threaded ends, while the ends were screwed in. I use a piece of romex 12ga wire bent to keep the end from unscrewing while driving.

SNOKING

My 2015 Big Country has the sewer hose storage tube attached to the frame at the front. When I got home this weekend I realized that one of the end caps has gone mossing after breaking the swivel pins off. Has anyone had this problem and what was your solution?
Thanks in advance.

They have replacement caps available. I would however get a piece of 1/4 round aluminum at Lowes or HD, drill holes 180 degree from each other and form a large safety clip out of the aluminum stock. Stinky slinky will air out better anyway without the cap. Chris

rxbristol

There are lots of pictures and setups across this forum on sewer hose holders, but the one I like the best is Dave Tyler's. His meets fit, form, and function--over engineered, just the way I like it.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I used 6" plastic fence tubing for mine. Glued on one cap and used an igloo hinge and latch. Also used plumbers tape and self tapping screws to secure it to the frame.

Attachments

• trailer mods 022 (Large).jpg
    trailer mods 022 (Large).jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 94
  • trailer mods 021 (Large).jpg
    trailer mods 021 (Large).jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 80
  • trailer mods 023 (Large).jpg
    trailer mods 023 (Large).jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 83

ram_1955

I have made my own out of 6" PVC pipe. DS has a cap with a piece of thread all all the way through it the cap also has a pipe flang bolted on the inside. 1" pipe runs up the middle for the sewer hose to slide on, prevents kinking. The ODS is a cap that I have sanded a little out of the inside so it goes on easier. I have marked the top for alignment, to pieces of wire bent in an L and inserted in two holes just big enough for the wire keeps the cap on. The pipe is held to the frame without drilling holes with beam clamps on the I beam frame. I have travelled 10K plus miles with this setup without any trouble. The PVC pipes are heavy enough , thick enough, that road debris won't hurt them. Pictures available upon request.

Dumboldles

image.jpgI just added an additional hose holder the same holder that came with my new BH. The cost that included shipping was 30$. I like the uniformity of the same holder but looking at some of the examples of what my fellow campers of done using materials from the big box stores is impressive.

Dumboldles

Dan50

View attachment 45361I just added an additional hose holder the same holder that came with my new BH. The cost that included shipping was 30$. I like the uniformity of the same holder but looking at some of the examples of what my fellow campers of done using materials from the big box stores is impressive.

Dumboldles

From Heartland?

Dumboldles

Yes, I ordered it from my dealer and it took about a week to arrive. You could probably just call in to Heartland...make sure you have your vin number so they can get the correct sewer pipe for model.