Towmax Skid marks on fender skirt. Question on removal.

Buckeye

When my Towmax tire exploded on I-40 a few months ago it scuffed up my fender skirt but did not tear it. I did lose a marker light next to the stairs. My question is how can I remove the tire scuffs on the fender skirt safely? Thanks for the help.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
What color is your skirt? I was thinking a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, but not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jnbhobe

I would try rubbing compound first.try fine polish compound first if that don't work try some fast compound.

rhodies1

When my Towmax tire exploded on I-40 a few months ago it scuffed up my fender skirt but did not tear it. I did lose a marker light next to the stairs. My question is how can I remove the tire scuffs on the fender skirt safely? Thanks for the help.

put on your rubber gloves and spray it with WD40 and a clean terry cloth,I find it works on everything and will not hurt the Plastic fender skirt.You will have to work it a little but it will not scuff it.I am very sceptical about the magic erasers,concerned it may dull the finish.My 2 cents worth.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator:

1tandem

I just used Eternabond spray cleaner to remove pine sap from my truck. Easy & looks like new. You're lucky to still have a fender skirt & sheet metal. Your co-pilot was taking care of you.

Buckeye

Well once again the good folks on this forum helped me solve a problem. Using the magic eraser and WD 40 with a lot of rubbing safely removed 95% of the skid marks from the exploding Towmax. The magic eraser did not dull or scratch the skirt. Thanks again to all.