3355RL Air Conditioner

ghoffman

I just bought a 2009 3355RL and I live in Florida. The air conditioner will not keep the temp inside below 80 in any part of the camper except for the toilet room. Is this normal for the heat in Florida? The temperature was 90 outside and the humidity was high. All windows shades were closed, but there was no shade outside. Two of us were in the camper all day and only went outside a couple of times. The air conditioner ran all day long and never shut off until the sun went down.

jimtoo

From past experience one a/c is not going to do the job. We live in South Texas with high humidity like Florida. We have had 4 different 5er's, 2 some other brand and on the second Bighorn. We have had to have 2 a/c's on all. Not running both all the time, but on a hot sticky day, yep, you need two.

Maybe the factory rep will chime in Monday or Tuesday.

You still have time to come to the Heartland Owners Rally in Branson, MO.

tcbrady

I would recommend a 2nd A/C considering the conditions you are camping in with 90s and no shade. Dometic states they can get the coach approximately 20 degrees cooler than the outside temperature but that assumes you do not have the sun beating right down on the unit. Hope this helps with your question.

ghoffman

Disappointed in A/C

That's disappointing to know I will have to spend more money for something the dealer should have told me about when I purchased it. After all my dealer lives and sells in Florida.
The brochure says it was tested to 100 degrees and it was confortable.:mad:

Is is wired for a second A/C?

jgallego

I live in Texas and the one a/c is not enough. I was also told by the dealer to try it. I just purchased the BC 3355 last Saturday. I had a Carrier Low Profile 13,500 installed this week. I also had a backup camera and electric leveling jacks installed. It should be ready sometime today.

Last edited: