Good Sam Travel Assist

jdfishing

Good Sam is offering a special price on their Travel Assist program, $79.99 for 15 months.Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with this program. Sounds like a great deal for what they are offering, but are they empty promises?

danemayer

We've had 3 ambulance rides and they paid the promised $200 each time. They're losing money on us.

Never had to get the trailer towed home, which is the primary reason for having the policy.

danemayer

you asked for it, lol.

We had a clutch go out on entry to a rest area on I-65 southbound at mile marker 213 in Alabama.
before we made our call for service we looked up a number to the nearest ford dealer which was about 5 miles south to Clanton, to see if they could fix truck and get a physical address.
I then looked up the nearest campground, which I thought they would take us to.
we never even got to that issue as the lady kept saying she could not find us...

You're describing interaction with Good Sam Roadside Assistance. The OP was asking about Travel Assist which is about assistance with medical issues while traveling. Travel Assist will arrange to have your truck and trailer driven home if you're unable to drive because of a medical condition or accident and will pay for airline tickets to get you home. They also reimburse up to $200 for ambulance service. There are some other coverages of lesser importance.

GETnBYE

Oh I see, I will remove my post, but I hope that they are better in a medical emergency than just a truck issue.

jdfishing

Based on the number of replies to my original post, I'm assuming that this is not a very popular program among Heartland owners. Is there something else out there that will arrange for the return of my truck and trailer to its home base, should a sudden medical condition prohibit me from doing so? Thanks for sharing any of your experiences or information.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We bought SkyMed, but I think you already have their info. If you need it, just let us know. We've only had to use it once and it wasn't for moving the RV. It covers medical transport for us as well as moving the RV and a bunch of other stuff.

Kristy

pegmikef

We have Travel Assist and have had it for a few years, but have never used it. I have used their roadside assistance twice and was satisfied on both occasions. Dan is the only one I have read about actually having to use travel assist. I really haven't seen much on this forum about it.