rixo8x.jpg

Added TriFold Tonneau cover
1z1wm04.jpg

Had the Windows tinted.
nbdf2t.jpg

Last edited:

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
You put your tank in yet or are you getting a bigger one?

You also need a set of train horns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You put your tank in yet or are you getting a bigger one?

You also need a set of train horns.

No he needs running boards first. Gals will hate getting in/out without them!!!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
No he needs running boards first. Gals will hate getting in/out without them!!!

Oh yah!! I think that was one of the first things Ginger said. I'm not a fan of them. Never used them on the last truck. That's why I didn't order them from the factory. There are a lot of after market versions out there. Just need to find the one that appeals to me.

Priority #1. Get a hitch installed. Can't do much without that.
Tomorrow's project.
et8c8w.jpg

OEFVET

Nice to see the new truck and MODS are coming along. Look forward to seeing it at the next rally.

JWalker

Awesome ride my friend perfect color too. Enjoy

You need to start posting some pics of that new Ford. You have had to do some mods already.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice to see the new truck and MODS are coming along. Look forward to seeing it at the next rally.

Will you be in Virginia? Trying to get her ready for that rally.

OEFVET

Re: My Tow Vehicle- MODS

No going to Sherkston ON next. We have to represent the NE region with our Canadian neighbors.

Sent by NY Horse Holder

JWalker

No going to Sherkston ON next. We have to represent the NE region with our Canadian neighbors.

Sent by NY Horse Holder

We have been wanting to get to a VA rally for a long time. And then off to The MD rally.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Oh yah!! I think that was one of the first things Ginger said. I'm not a fan of them. Never used them on the last truck. That's why I didn't order them from the factory. There are a lot of after market versions out there. Just need to find the one that appeals to me.
IMG]

HA! Without running boards on the SD neither the DW or the dog would make it in! I have to hoist the dog in the back as it is

JWalker

Installed Reese Rail adapter. What a pain in the A**. It was so far out of adjustment, it took forever to install. I'm still not completely satisfied with the fit. I'll find out more when we hit the road.
ay4p4y.jpg

fxui2v.jpg

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Installed Reese Rail adapter. What a pain in the A**. It was so far out of adjustment, it took forever to install. I'm still not completely satisfied with the fit. I'll find out more when we hit the road.

ay4p4y.jpg

fxui2v.jpg

Walker I feel your pain. I have that style adapter also. I removed the hitch from the adapter and worked on adjusting the adapter close to an hour. Once it was in everything worked great. I just pulled mine out to access the full bed space and I have to admit it was considerably easier than when the hitch was locked to bolted down rails. Travel Safe.

JWalker

Walker I feel your pain. I have that style adapter also. I removed the hitch from the adapter and worked on adjusting the adapter close to an hour. Once it was in everything worked great. I just pulled mine out to access the full bed space and I have to admit it was considerably easier than when the hitch was locked to bolted down rails. Travel Safe.

Yeah, the YouTube videos make it look so easy. Every puck had 1/8"-1/4" of play in them. This is the first Reese product that I am not satisfied with. It was marred and scratched in several places. All the cotter pins were not put in properly and made them vitally impossible to get out without destroying them. The torque nuts were tightened so much that the supplied wrench was useless. Had to make a trip to Tractor Supply this morning to get a 1" open end + cotter pins.

chaplady

That totally sucks to have to go through that. With my truck I didn't have to use the rail. I used Fords Reese set up dealer dropped it in. Hope things go better.

JWalker

That totally sucks to have to go through that. With my truck I didn't have to use the rail. I used Fords Reese set up dealer dropped it in. Hope things go better.

Couldn't get them to throw in the RAM puck hitch. I beat down the dealer a good bit on the price. And even at dealer cost, the factory hitches are high priced. So decided on the adapter. After a year or so (and my wallet cools) I might try one of the Anderson style gooseneck hitches

chaplady

I hear ya there. We include the hitch in deal from beginning & price was less if I bought it and installed it on my own. My aim was to be tow ready when It left the lot. Didn't want the frustration of getting it ready.