New LandMark Madison

Need some help our new landmark is just a month old and we just got back this weekend and in the bedroom we had water coming out of the ceiling and filling up one of the lights empty the light several times and was coming out of the seam in the ceiling. What is the best way to go about this with heartland. Any help would be good thanks. There are other things wrong also but this is the big one.

danemayer

Hi Whataboutzid,

I'm assuming you've either been running the bedroom air conditioner in hot, humid weather, or it's been raining on your rig pretty heavily.

In either case, you may want to remove the shroud from that air conditioner and see if there's water pooling for some reason. Be careful in case you have wasps nesting inside.

If it's been raining heavily, the unit may not be compressing the seal around the edges, allowing water to get in.

You can call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready, to discuss the issue, but unless you find the problem, you'll probably need to take it to your dealer for them to take a look.

mlpeloquin

Make a complete list of everything requiring warranty work. Call your servicing dealer and make an appointment. After it has been delivered to them, I would wait a week and then call Heartland to make sure that the servicing dealer has contacted Heartland and order parts if necessary. Make sure they have given Heartland the complete list of thing to be done. There have been many dealers that are very slow to even contact Heartland about warranty work. When some have called their dealer they have blamed Heartland for not responding, but it turns out it was the servicing dealer not contacting heartland. When contacting Heartland have your vin number ready.

Abear79

Wow, Call Heartland service department. They will find a shop close to you if that is what you want. I was having problems blowing through hydraulic lines for my slides. I did not want to drive over a hr to the dealership I bought from so they found an heartland authorized shop close for me to bring my RV. 877-262-8032 Bu since just a month old, maybe the dealership might be step one. Then if you are not satisfied, call heartland.

TxCowboy

Wow, Call Heartland service department. They will find a shop close to you if that is what you want. I was having problems blowing through hydraulic lines for my slides. I did not want to drive over a hr to the dealership I bought from so they found an heartland authorized shop close for me to bring my RV. 877-262-8032 Bu since just a month old, maybe the dealership might be step one. Then if you are not satisfied, call heartland.

Agree with calling HL first just so you can register the problem with them. If you don't want to haul the RV to the dealership, you may be able to call a mobile service tech who can then coordinate directly with HL for repair parts. You'll likely have to pay the mobile tech service fee (somewhere around $60 to $100) as HL does not pay this fee. We consider paying the fee worthwhile because the tech comes to us and we don't have to haul the RV around.