Wiring

Lost DC light in bedroom and antenna booster. Does anybody know of a DC wiring diagram for a BH 3185.
Not sure if wires go up through the slide or not. Did trace the wire from the light to the booster. But not sure
where the wiring goes from there. Guess I will have to find somebody with a toner to trace the circuit.

Any help would be appreciated.

danemayer

Hi chermanson,

You didn't mention fuses, so let me ask the obvious: did you check the 12V fuse in the fuse box?

Btw, if you have the type of fuse box with LEDs next to each fuse, they will light up if the fuse is blown AND there's a load on the circuit with a path to ground.

Garypowell

I lost a bedroom light once. Fortunate for me it was the last on the run. I don't know what happened to the wire figured it was damaged by a screw.

Used an electricians fish tape and simply pushed it from one light hole to the broken one. Then pulled the wire back and connected it.

Jbbar

I am looking for insight on the 12 Volt wiring in my Road Warrior RW429. There appears to be no 12V Power Points in the rig and I would like to install a couple so some insight into the wiring harnesses used would be helpful?

mlpeloquin

I am looking for insight on the 12 Volt wiring in my Road Warrior RW429. There appears to be no 12V Power Points in the rig and I would like to install a couple so some insight into the wiring harnesses used would be helpful?

Heartland does not make schematics or wiring diagrams to be distributed to owners.

danemayer

If you have a 12V light switch or other device near the intended location, you could tap into those wires.

mlpeloquin

Lost DC light in bedroom and antenna booster. Does anybody know of a DC wiring diagram for a BH 3185.
Not sure if wires go up through the slide or not. Did trace the wire from the light to the booster. But not sure
where the wiring goes from there. Guess I will have to find somebody with a toner to trace the circuit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Just reread. All 12VDC connections are behind the fixtures in the ceiling or behind the antenna amplifier with twist connectors. At least that is how it is done in my Big Horn. Your going to have to check for a loose/broken wire there. You may have to remove the light that is out or it maybe open behind a working light. Once fixed, wrap the twist connector with 3M electrical tape. The cheep tapes do not hold over time.

mlpeloquin

The OP goes back 9 months. Yesterday's question in post #5 is different.

Thanks for clearing my mind.

There are no 12VDC power ports in fifth wheels and I have seen none in class A motor homes. I added two new breakers in my front storage bay and added a dedicated socket in the master bedroom for mt Apria CPAP. The other one in is in my UDC for the tire pump or for the Flojet Waste Macerator Pump. It is not hard to do. I used 12 gauge stranded wire.