new heater vent

bcpolaris

bcpolaris
The furnace was working overtime but no heat was coming into the unit so I added another vent into the living area. This modification has made the furnace quieter (not so much back pressure). The pictures kind of shows how I went near the entrance with the new vent. I NOW HAVE SOME HEAT AND THE WIFE ISN'T SO CRANKY. LOL

I still have to look at the floor from the underside. That will be a big job so I did this small modification in the meantime. I heard from a different thread that the manufacture sometimes block the floor joist with spray foam and the heat is not able to find its way to the bedroom.

Attachments

• IMGP5073.jpg
    IMGP5073.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 211
  • IMGP5074.jpg
    IMGP5074.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 222
  • IMGP5075.jpg
    IMGP5075.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 220
  • IMGP5076.jpg
    IMGP5076.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 232
  • IMGP5077.jpg
    IMGP5077.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 215
  • IMGP5078.jpg
    IMGP5078.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
bc You did the same as I did and taped the bottom of the furnace. There is way too much air coming out around the bottom.
I am going to have a look at my 3055 to see if I can do the same as you did with the vent.

heater in the garage

I use a 1500w small heater in the garage most of the time the power is free so why not use it ! I also use the garage for usable liv space in noisy camp grounds the little noise it makes drowns out the other.

08cyclone

I did the same thing but put the new vent into the ventless garage, since that is where the kids sleep.

I was going to do this, and when I went to a local RV sales/service store to purchase the tube and vent, the salesman advised me that by doing this I run the risk of voiding a warranty because the venting ductwork and vents are calculated for that specific heater. Adding more ductwork and vents may cause the heater to overwork itself. Man I would love to heat that back garage, but would hate to have the heater prematurely fail. Can anyone add to this... or was he blowing smoke? :confused:

grizzlygiant

.........the salesman advised me that by doing this I run the risk of voiding a warranty because the venting ductwork and vents are calculated for that specific heater. Adding more ductwork and vents may cause the heater to overwork itself. ...... :confused:

Consider the source, a Salesman". ADDING ducts, ie, increasing airflow will not harm your furnace, in fact, it may prolong the life. Go for it!

Shadowchek

I was going to do this, and when I went to a local RV sales/service store to purchase the tube and vent, the salesman advised me that by doing this I run the risk of voiding a warranty because the venting ductwork and vents are calculated for that specific heater. Adding more ductwork and vents may cause the heater to overwork itself. Man I would love to heat that back garage, but would hate to have the heater prematurely fail. Can anyone add to this... or was he blowing smoke? :confused:

It will make your heater run cooler and last longer as Grizzlygiant said.
There is no way they calculate it all out When your bathroom duct is the same size as your bedroom duct. The more air running through your furnace the better off it is. The worse thing that could happen if you get too much ductwork is you get poor air distribution but never damage to the heater. Adding one duct shouldn't reduce your airflow to the rest of the coach too much.

Greg