How do I turn on my entry light?

CindyB

Okay. I'm baffled. My 2012 Big Country has lights everywhere, inside, outside, 12V, 110, remote controlled and they all work perfectly except for one. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn on the ceiling entry light right by the door. It does not come on with the other ceiling lights (yes, the bulbs are good and it is in the "on" position.) It does not come on with the outside floodlight. I cannot find a designated switch for it. I'm baffled. Somehow, I think it must be related to the outside floodlight and the remote control. I can control the outside light with the remote, but it does nothing for the inside light. It sure would be handy to know the secret here.

I'm currently in northern BC headed for the Yukon and I may not get a chance to check any answers for a while. But I WILL be checking. Hope this is an easy fix.

Thanks - Cindy

Garypowell

The door entry light on most rigs is controlled by a magnet switch in the doorframe. Behind the wall is my "controller" that is the brains of the outfit and keep it on for only a short period of time.

That system could be on the fritz.

But even with my system there is a single switch in the control panel that turns it off and on.

Might be a bad switch, blown fuse.......lots of things to check.

SNOKING

If it does not come on for 10 or 15 seconds when you open the door, and the switch marked "entry" does not turn it on, have you looked at the fuses? I had a real problem finding the light switch for the light under the steps, until I finally noticed it in the front of the bedroom lower step!

Chris

CindyB

Thank you all! Mystery solved. A little more sleuthing and not only did I FINALLY find the switch for the entry light, but right beside it was the switch to the exterior step lights. GAH! Now if the resolution to my water pump issue that I posted today would be so easy to solve. Thanks again.