fridge shuts off

retired53

hi i am having my fridge shut off at night and seems to be when the furnace and the water heater are ignited together. there must be some sound that happens that wakes us. when i try relighting fridge the first time it clicks, lights, shuts off several times i shut it off wait a few minutes try again and it relights just fine. any suggestions would be appreciated thanks

danemayer

Hi retired53,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The furnace and water heater both consume a lot of propane. If they're both igniting at the same time, the refrigerator propane feed may be getting starved. Once the flame sensor detects loss of flame, it'll close the gas valve and shut down for safety reasons.

Try running off one tank with the other closed. If it still happens, swap to run off the previously closed tank only.

If you have a model with propane tank on each side, the doorside pigtail and regulator are likely weak spots where propane flow might be reduced, leading to what you're experiencing. By running on one tank at a time, you should be able to isolate the problem, if indeed it's a question of sufficient propane flow.

SNOKING

The little "RED" regulator that is on the off side tank from the selection valve have been noted to be troublesome over the years that they come into being! I would guess that you are on that tank and if you switch to the other it will be fine. This regulator started being required on a tank that was piped thru the interior of the trailer to the main regulator on the other side a few years back. Chris

retired53

hi danemayer thanks for response i did have only door side bottle open the first time it happened and had run out and switched to the other side the second night it happened