Overflow Valve on 2014 Heartland Cyclone Toy Hauler

MelanieR

Where is my overflow valve? I called Heartland and they're guessing it's a closed system since I can't see a drain tube coming from the underbelly. I filled up the water tank all the way, for the first time, yesterday and was standing right next to it (the monitor said full) and all of a sudden water started dripping from the underbelly (from underneath the metal) by the front door steps and from the underbelly by the water connection. I have a regulator and the PSI was 30. I have an Anderson valve and I removed the wall in the basement and it's not leaking.

danemayer

Hi MelanieR,

You should have a pex line coming through the underbelly, with a valve. That's the drain for the fresh tank. It's not an overflow.

You should also have a pex line coming through the frame on the door-side. It usually takes a 90 degree turn toward the front steps where it ends with another 90 degree fitting, but no valve. That's the overflow. There may be another on the off-door-side.

When the tank(s) full, water is supposed to come out by the entry steps. Water is not supposed to overflow from the coroplast underbelly.

That said, Cyclones often have 2 fresh tanks connected by a short hose. The hose may go over a frame member and there have been a few people who have found holes worn in that connecting hose, in which case water will overflow into the underbelly.

bsackettkc

Hi MelanieR,

Not sure what model Cyclone you have but on my 4200, there are two white hoses next to the front main door. I had to cut a hole to allow them through on mine.
20160603_121656.jpg

MelanieR

Thanks! I have a Cyclone 4114. I don't see any hose(s) by the front steps. The only hose underneath is the drain hose for the tank and the low point drains. I'm hoping everything's OK because when it started to overflow, I could still hear the water running. I would think if I damaged something, the water would have stopped because the tank was full, and then leaked out.

danemayer

Thanks! I have a Cyclone 4114. I don't see any hose(s) by the front steps. The only hose underneath is the drain hose for the tank and the low point drains. I'm hoping everything's OK because when it started to overflow, I could still hear the water running. I would think if I damaged something, the water would have stopped because the tank was full, and then leaked out.
Do you see any pex tubing ending in 90 degree pex fitting along the frame?

chiefneon

Howdy!

This seems to be a ongoing reoccurring problem and it happen to us when I filled the fresh water tank for the first time. The factory either forgets or just doesn't care (quality control) and doesn't route the overflow tubes out the bottom of the trailer. I took mine back and they cut a hole in the bottom just forward of the roadside tires for the tubes.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon