Wall Switches Added

Sans1

I bought several paddle type wall switches (same as what is used on the slide out) to add to the RV that the family can reach. Of course this was on my list of projects for more than a year, finally got around to installing the one for the bathroom after complaints last week that nobody could find/or reach the ones on the fixtures. My wife asked a really obvious question, why didn't the RV already come wall switches, especially considering the ceiling height and accessibility (like the ones over the bed you can't reach unless you climb on it.) I agree, seems not to make sense. Besides the slide out, the only other one close to reasonable is the living room but it is still inside of the cabinet with all of the other switches and controls and a challenge to locate in the dark, not located near the door like other RVs. For this first set (most pressing in my opinion - and probably the easiest to run wires), left is the light, and right is the exhaust fan. Plans to do the bedroom, garage and living room someday soon. As always hardest part is fishing wiring through the walls.
20160603_120414.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I used plastic conduit to extend the switch wires for the reading lights over the bed. I made some oak escutcheons to mount the lamps and the switches away from the surface so it would work. Wife used an acrylic paint to color them to almost match the wall.

Attachments

• Reading Lamp Complete.jpg
    Reading Lamp Complete.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 46

Sans1

I like that too and it may be the way to go for the garage since early scoping on how to route the wire was not promising. Another poster managed to find access around the forward air vent adjacent to the walk in door but where he described must be slightly different because of model year changes. My vent is framed all the way around with the metal stud, I'd rather not have to drill through it just to run the wire.