Pioneer build quality

kwright73

So after two outings I have fixed several issues that really should have never happened. Tub surround not properly install and broken in top corner. (Dealer starting warranty claim on this) Drawer tracks in kitchen came out where screwed to floor. Screw was barely long enough to pierce the vinyl let alone get into any material to hold it in place. Bathtub drain not tight and leaking all under tub. Dinette seat came loose from wall. Had to remove staples from panel and refasten Frame to trailer wall. Today when we back in at home I notice loose plumbing stack cover on roof. Climb up, pull cap off and find stack pipe is not connected to anything as 1.5" abs pipe is probably 2.5" away from where roof hole is (this one I can't resolve). While on roof looking at plumbing stack, I see every sheet of plywood on roof has 1/4" gap between them. Is this kind be of stuff normal? Was pleased to have purchased something brand new but it seems build quality is awful and there are obviously no quality control procedures in place at factory.
I'm worried how this unit is going to fare over the next few years. I'm definitely having some regrets buying this. Any other experiences like this?

2017 Pioneer BH250

justafordguy

I hate to hear about your issues with your new Pioneer. Unfortunately it is common to have a few small issues with a new unit. We had a few problems with our Pioneer but after we got them fixed we loved it. Hopefully your dealer will get it fixed and you will have many enjoyable years with it.

R

rbrady

My name is Ryan Brady and I am the Pioneer product manager here at Heartland. I am sorry to hear about the issues you had with your Pioneer out of the gate. We stand behind our product and will make it right. Please give me a call at 574-370-5728.

Power247

We recently purchased a DS310. We found a couple minor issues on our first trip but nothing we could not handle ourselves. I hope they get you fixed up and back on the road quickly!

Greg
2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Last edited:

kwright73

My name is Ryan Brady and I am the Pioneer product manager here at Heartland. I am sorry to hear about the issues you had with your Pioneer out of the gate. We stand behind our product and will make it right. Please give me a call at 574-370-5728.
Ryan. I will give you a call. Have had a very busy summer and sadly I haven't had any time to deal with the trailer at all. Will be in touch soon.

Thanks
Kevin.

kwright73

Ryan. Have tried to call a couple times. Left one message. Do you have an email? I would love to send you some pictures. Would like to speak before I drop this at dealer in November. I think some of the issues aren't going to be handled well if at all.

Hrexr

So after two outings I have fixed several issues that really should have never happened. Tub surround not properly install and broken in top corner. (Dealer starting warranty claim on this) Drawer tracks in kitchen came out where screwed to floor. Screw was barely long enough to pierce the vinyl let alone get into any material to hold it in place. Bathtub drain not tight and leaking all under tub. Dinette seat came loose from wall. Had to remove staples from panel and refasten Frame to trailer wall. Today when we back in at home I notice loose plumbing stack cover on roof. Climb up, pull cap off and find stack pipe is not connected to anything as 1.5" abs pipe is probably 2.5" away from where roof hole is (this one I can't resolve). While on roof looking at plumbing stack, I see every sheet of plywood on roof has 1/4" gap between them. Is this kind be of stuff normal? Was pleased to have purchased something brand new but it seems build quality is awful and there are obviously no quality control procedures in place at factory.
I'm worried how this unit is going to fare over the next few years. I'm definitely having some regrets buying this. Any other experiences like this?

2017 Pioneer BH250
i have a 2016 do 310 I have several water leak issues and yes one of them was the tub drain they said they fixed it but it looks like molly hatchet did the repair under the camper. Several trim issues I found screws striped on panels not holding lights fixtures not installed correctly and several other problems I had water running out of the bottom of my camper there definitely is not quality control that's for sure am as well worried about this unit