Sliding bedroom door

sgtbigb

Some how thr sliding door that separates living room to bed room has came off the rail in the rear portion of the door. I can't seem to fix. Any ideals?:confused:

geeksrus

I had a similar problem with the pocket door... in my case the back-end track wheels came off the rails (not sure how it happened).

I removed the door from the rail by releasing the front track wheel (there is a white plastic piece that swivels to release the door from the track wheel). I then removed the track, put better 'stopper' screws at both ends & then re-attached the track using better & a lot more screws. After that I then re-attached the door.

The only thing that makes me uncomfortable is that I wasn't able to use screws in the back-end of the pocket.

So far all is well BUT I have yet to travel since the fix, so I'll have to see if the fix works once we hit the road.

EH!

sealman

We had the same thing happen; but the rear roller assembly stayed on the track. Slide the door closed as far as possible. Use a coat hanger to retrieve the roller assembly if still on the track and re-attach to the door. Find some thin wire (safety wire and wrap that littl bugger up. Cured our problem.
John

jbeletti

Gene,

On my 2005, I had that happen twice. Turns out the screws pulled loose from the top of the door. I filled the holes with Gorilla Glue and sank bigger screws into it. No more problems. Best of luck.

Jim

sgtbigb

sliding door

Geek and others, thanks for the reply, i saw the plastic thingofmagiggi, I was able to turn it but the door did not come off the sliding wheel. should I force it down?:confused:

irvin56

Key slot

Mine did the same 312Qgs n.t.
Once the plastic piece is turned, You have to slide the metal hanger out, one way or the other and door will come off. About 3/4 inch slot on top of door.