Another kitchen faucet problem

Peteandsharon

Well, in the fourth day of our Black Hills trip we woke up to very little water pressure from the kitchen faucet. I first removed the faucet head and the flow was very weak without the head. Thanks to other posts I immediately removed the white valve from the faucet hose. I then hooked up the water and the flow was still very weak. Took the screen off of the faucet and took it apart. It was about 90% clogged with what looked like very fine sawdust. Cleaned that and put Humpty back together. Excellent water flow. It seems to me that I had two problems at once. The valve seemed to block flow as well as the clogged screen. But the main point is that once again the forum came through for me. Keep on posting guys. Now..... the next thing to attack is the weak A/C flow. Take care. Pete

Gary Steeves

Pete, Glad you were able to solve the faucet flow problem. Regarding your weak A/C flow, do a search for the "tents" that others have devised to help the flow from the plenum into the duct work. Everyone is getting excellent results following that method.

Peteandsharon

Thanks Gary. I read those previously althought that was before I had a look in my own unit. I have to go back and see how that would actually work. I think I saw something else too. As I see it, there is an input side and an output side. If I am not mistaken, the output side should be sealed such that all air that the fan pushes along should go into one of two vent openings. The problem that I see is that the output side is not completely sealed. Some of the air bleeds back into the input side so immediately you lose some push on the air. There is a rubber seal which is sticky on one side but which was pealed back in places to let air bleed off. I am trying to rectify that situation and will then look at the tent. Thanks for the response.

Peteandsharon

OK, I looked back at a post made by TimK back in 2006 and saw the pictures that Jim Beletti added. There seems to be one big problem with this approach. In the pictures that Jim uploaded the squirrel cage fan is in the center of the output section of the A/C. In that case the "tent" makes perfect sense. It would divert air to both sides and into the ducts. However, in my case, the squirrel cage fan is on the far right of the output side of the A/C. It is right next to the ODS duct. There is no way that I could put a diverter and make it evenly move air out to the ducts. Has anyone addressed this weak A/C flow with this style A/C unit? Have you done something similar? Thanks, Pete

SmokeyBare

My A/C exhaust fan is off set to the road side of the RV. I installed the Tent... using plastic material covered with the aluminum duct tape.

I first checked opening to the Rv's duct work... adding the tape to smooth out any irregular or rough areas to aid the air movement into the the two ducts.

While I was inside I also sealed the divider between the intake side and the exhaust side.... in our case, the metal shield that separated the two sides, had dropped down nearly an inch. And as you pointed out... this allowed the conditioned air to circulate back into the intake. I used plenty of the metal tape to seal any leakage of air.

I also discovered a sensor that should have been attached to the condenser fins on the intake side... was not attached... this sensor, I am told is to protect the unit from a freeze up... shutting it down in that event. It was simple to attach... the clip was built onto the sensor and it needed only to be carefully attached to the center of the condenser fin's somewhere on the third row down from the top.

After having finished the above... I placed the tent just below flow of air... shaping the formed tent to allow a smooth flow of conditioned air to each side duct work opening... I also left a gap on the other side of this tent which allowed me to still use the ceiling grill vent opening... for those rare occasions I want to open the ceiling vent and cool the kitchen quickly.

Hope this helps...

Peteandsharon

Thanks, Marv. I have resealed the divider between the intake and output side. I'm a little confused as to why they chose to do it the way they did. Oh well. And I am also in the process of designing a tent that should work also. I'm trying to configure something out of sheet metal or aluminum that I can hard mount in there and which will have some resilience. I think it will help. I actually went back in and looked at TimK's diagram and he had the same situation with the fan to one side. So.... hopefully it will work as well as his did. Thanks again for your information. I think I'll go back in and look for that sensor too. Take care, Pete

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
You guys are my heroes. I can't tell the difference between a wrench and a pliers. I finally got the hammer down. I admire all u people that are mechanically inclined. I haven't used my A/C yet but am now worried that during our summer trip to Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore it might get really hot. I have no clue how many degrees drop from using the ac and if I need to do what u guys suggest. Luckily, we haven't had many problems with all the technical issues. If there is anyone who lives near San Clemente Ca and can help me with some of my mechanical or electrical problems, including installing a kitchen window let me know, I could use the help.