Basement slide

tee4

How do i take the plastic coruggated liner under the basement off.
As I need to bolt the slide to the subfloor for proper installation.
A picture of the frame and subfloor would help.

danemayer

Hi tee4,

The coroplast is held in place by self tapping screws. The best way to remove them is with an impact wrench. You can do it with a socket/ratchet, but that's a lot harder and more likely that the head will be wrenched off the screw.

The rear section of the coroplast is tucked into the drop-frame at its front edge, and into the cap at the rear. So you'll probably have to cut it to gain access. If you do that, you might want to cut a rectangle leaving the front edge intact. That will allow you to bend the coroplast down while working inside. When finished, you can tape it back together using Gorilla Tape or Flashing Tape.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Most of the cargo slides I have seen installed are with screws from size #10 to 1/4" diameter. I have a cargo slide in my RV installed with screws and I mine has not come loose. The floor of the cargo area is 1/2" plywood with 2" X 2" wood joists which are spaced about 16" to 24" apart and are perpendicular to the steel I-Beam frame. You should be able to find the joists by using a stud finder.

tee4

Thank you Terry and Dan For your help .
With that information, everything went good.
Install it in about 4 hrs.
Looks great but more important works like it should.