Torque 270HG Discontinued?

Zedd

Hi we are thinking of downsizing from our Cyclone and as we started our search I found the Torque 270HG that hit almost everything we needed then of course I found out it had been discontinued. Does anyone know why? I found a couple of 2015 still sitting on a lot in Utah but I am not sure I want to buy something without finding out why it was discontinued.

Thanks in advance!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Trailer models come and go. Sometimes the sales figures don't meet expectations, some just get stale and sometimes we all wonder why a model is dropped. I wouldn't let the fact that the model has been discontinued keep me from making an offer. That's exactly what we did on an '09 Bighorn and got us a little more discount.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
The 270HG is an awesome model that is only 30' in length, but yet provides a living space similar to most larger 5th wheels. The only reason it was discontinued is because it was not a top selling floor plan. Unforchunetly when producing the volume that we build it is critical that we build large consistent numbers of the same floor plans (Batch built). When a lower volume floor plan is built at limited run quantities it can often times throw a wrench in the production process. The 270HG started off hot, but then sales started to fall off. With the 270HG already being a difficult build on the plant because of the raised floor level and moving bedroom floor, we decided it was best to discontinue the model for production purposes. The 270HG is one of my personal favorite models that just never really took off, but I would not be concerned on purchasing one.

thanks,

AJ

tilleyjs

I own the 2014 Heartland Torque 270hg. Traded in my Cyclone 3612. I will never again buy a 3 axle trailer. It pulls like a dream. Is way easier to maneuver. Traveled 3,000 miles with it thus far. Only problems that I've had: Bed tensioner broke, excuse verbage. Hot water heater leaked due to teflon tape failure. Sink Faucet leaked due to being defective. Took couch out over hitch and added washer/dryer. Live in it for work.

Discontinued due to sales. Pricey with limited family application. Perfect for a couple though.

Creisol

What is the CCC of the 270 HG? According to one sticker I saw, it was only like 1800 lbs?!? If that's true, how are you supposed to carry any toys, let alone all your necessary cargo?

alexb2000

What is the CCC of the 270 HG? According to one sticker I saw, it was only like 1800 lbs?!? If that's true, how are you supposed to carry any toys, let alone all your necessary cargo?

I own a 2015 270HG and I am not near the trailer right now, but your numbers sound about right. Mine has 6Klb. axles which I plan to upgrade if I find I need more capacity. In the big picture it is a nit to me, the reason to own the 270 is that it is a rare 30' trailer with a king bed, a large bathtub/shower, and a TON of storage not to mention a toy hauler. Towing a 30' with an F250 shortbed that I can park anywhere is AWESOME. I drove dually's for years, but if you go someplace that requires parallel parking, or have tiny city parking spaces, then it's just not feasible.

If someone offered me what I paid the for my trailer and wholesale on any other I wouldn't even consider it, we're that happy with it.

The only caveat I would add is that if anyone is over 6'2" this is not the trailer for you.