GE Apartment Size Gas Washer/Dryer

Go-Fly

I wanted to put a apartment size washer and dryer in my trailer so I could do a load of clothes or towels or sheets or whatever, in less then an hour. They make a GE laundry unit that will fit. The door will have to be taken off to get it in but, that's no big deal. Will need to run a gas line for the dryer. No need to be waiting on the dryer to get done. At 11,000 btu's, it won't take long.:)

5th 2 012.jpg5th 2 011.jpg

Go-Fly

I cut a hole through the floor in the back side of the closet behind the wall. The dryer will be hard plumbed so I can just slide it in. Then I will connect the dryer vent with flex vent after it is installed. The vent can be locked shut when traveling so it wont flap. There is a air flow switch on the dryer so it wont light if the vent is closed. It's a 4" vent.
see level 4 001.jpgsee level 4 003.jpgsee level 4 004.jpgsee level 4 005.jpg

Go-Fly

Need to bend up a drain pan that will go under the Laundry Center. I drilled a hole in the floor for the drain and one for the propane gas line that will be installed next. On the bottom of the trailer I made a aluminum sealing ring to go around the drain pipe. Installed it with stainless screws and black silicon. I'll screw a bug guard on it too.
Bighorn 2 028.jpgBighorn 2 027.jpgBighorn 2 026.jpgBighorn 2 033.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just out of curiosity, does the combustion unit for the dryer need to be modified to use propane? Some appliances need an adjustment or modification for the two gases.

Westwind

I'm really curious about the gas (Propane?) feature of the dryer. Mainly the amount of propane the dryer uses and how quickly you would go through propane. My wife runs the Splendide Washer/Dryer every day to stay ahead of the laundry and with the smaller tub on the washer/dryer that's a must and a negative to the smaller washer/dryers.
If you can cut down on the time it takes to dry the wash (on 110) that is a really big big improvement.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Curious about venting through the floor, as well. Our Splendide said specifically not to vent through the floor or ceiling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go-Fly

Just out of curiosity, does the combustion unit for the dryer need to be modified to use propane? Some appliances need an adjustment or modification for the two gases.

Yes, the unit came set up for natural gas. I had to peen down the orifice and redrill it to size, minus 10%. Also I blocked open the reg. Because I didn't want a vented reg I turned a new cap and post on the lathe. Sealed it with a copper washer. I'm sure they make a kit for it. A BTU is a BTU so there is no need to mod the burner tube (combustion chamber).

Go-Fly

I'm really curious about the gas (Propane?) feature of the dryer. Mainly the amount of propane the dryer uses and how quickly you would go through propane. My wife runs the Splendide Washer/Dryer every day to stay ahead of the laundry and with the smaller tub on the washer/dryer that's a must and a negative to the smaller washer/dryers.
If you can cut down on the time it takes to dry the wash (on 110) that is a really big big improvement.

The dryer is rated at 11,000 BTU's and runs at about 10,000 BTU,s. That means you can run about 10 hours per gallon or 70 hours of drying time per 30# tank running full on. The burner goes on and off like the oven so, it's more like 140 hours of drying time. It washes in about 25 minutes and drys in about 35 minutes. Doing a full load of towels takes longer then socks. When it's my turn to do laundry I just put it on auto for the dryer and let the washer fill on auto.:)

Go-Fly

Curious about venting through the floor, as well. Our Splendide said specifically not to vent through the floor or ceiling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem venting through the floor IF, you don't vent into a confined space. There is no skirting around our trailer so that won't be a problem. Everything is sealed from moisture on the bottom of the trailer too. On a real cold day there will be a lot of steam coming out of the vent but it will just condensate and drip off.

- - - Updated - - -

Ran the propane line up through the floor. While I had the pants off installing the SeeLevel system, I marked where to drill the hole so I would miss the holding tanks and the cross member. While I was under the trailer doing some plumbing I though I would install A BBQ outlet too.

Bighorn 2 035.jpgBighorn 2 031.jpgBighorn 2 034.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Installed some carpet lined back stops to hold the unit in, with straps while we travel. Cut the vent hole through the back of the closet. It's a 5" hole for a 4" vent. I will be able to connect the vent hose from the back. Then run it over to the outlet.
5th wheel 4 002.jpg5th wheel 4 006.jpg5th wheel 4 001.jpg

Go-Fly

The final step was to put in the laundry center. Slide right in, ran the water lines, propane line and waste line through the side of the unit. There was a hole you could punch out in the side for this. Cut a 10x6 vent in the door for make-up air, installed a black vent cover after the picture was taken and put some coat hooks on the back side of the door. Best to open the roof vent when it is running, also take all the coats down. This was a little over the top but, I wasn't going to spend all day doing laundry and I like fresh sheets once a week. Hope you enjoyed.:D
5th wheel 4 013.jpg5th wheel 4 014.jpg

Kgwill

We just purchased our new 2017 BH 3760EL and was wondering if this could be done. Could you tell me the make and model of the W/D you installed, please. Also, did you make the pan or purchase it? You did an excellent job on it, looks great.