What air compressor do you carry with you?

Tundra2084

We are now your new SOB'S but still value heartland and this forum and the great people here so here is the question. We are taking the advice of many here and changing out the tires that came on our sob and are going up to the G rated Sailun S637 tires from the unknown brand E rated that came on it. We want to also change out the brakes to the Titan but that question will come later. Safety and stopping are important to us.
We want to carry a air compressor with us to air up all tires while traveling if needed. So what size and brand do YOU carry with you while traveling?
I have checked the homedepot.ca site here in Canada and it's pretty slim pickings up here as well as the Lowes.ca site. Thinking about a 3 gallon pancake type with up to 135 Psi. Would this be big enough for tires that run 110psi, or should we look for at least 150psi? Is the pancake type or hotdogs type what you carry?
Thanks

Last edited:

danemayer

ViAir 450p. Runs on 12V and is rated for continuous duty. It will easily inflate tires to 110 psi.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
For simply topping off 110 psi tires, the 12V Viair's work great and don't take up a lot of space or weight.

sjandbj

I carry a small pancake compressor. It is cheap and when i travel it is always full so if I need it there is enough air that I would not need to fire up a generator or my inverter. It takes up more room and space than others but does a great job at a fraction of the price. You can also hook up other tools like a impact gun to change tires of air nozzle to blow off things.

Steve

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Got this at Lowe's for $40 . . .

KobaltAirCompressor-P1010569.jpgLowesKobaltAC.jpg

Awesome little air compressor and it fits under the back seat of the truck.

pegmikef

Viair 450P. There is also a Viair 450P RV model that includes an extension hose along with the regular hose.

Gaffer

I used to take a Craftsman 150 psi 2 gallon along but now take a Viair 450P. Good price and free shipping through Home Depot.com

Last edited:

DuaneG

I looked into many options but just ordered a Bostitch BTFP02012 6 Gallon Pancake Compressor for $99 on Amazon. Goes to 150 psi and refills quicker than the small tank I was using.

Others posted it works for rv tires and at $99 I don't mind leaving it in the RV.

Tundra2084

Thanks for the help. Looks like Amazon is where we will start and have it shipped to us while in N.H in August. Just HATE paying duty and taxes and brokerage fees to have stuff shipped up here.

Cjackg

I have one of the Lowe's Cobalt portables as well. It runs off either 12v or 110v and is a great device. Just not sure how it will hold up topping off tires at 100psi+....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

callowaykid

I have a 3 gallon 100psi pancake and it works great for me but I also have a smaller camper. Got mine from Harbor Freight for $30.00

GO DAWGS!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have one of the Lowe's Cobalt portables as well. It runs off either 12v or 110v and is a great device. Just not sure how it will hold up topping off tires at 100psi+....

It is supposed to go up to 120 psi, so topping off a tire shouldn't be an issue.

I top off my 80 psi truck tires and 65 psi trailer tires with it with no problems.

I filled up a totally flat tire for one of my coworkers last week on a Jeep Liberty . . . took about 15 minutes for a 50 psi tire.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Christmas came early
6ab2b40daa865aae709cd6434ad59346.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk