Website Problems

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
For some reason, when I try to open a photo in someone's post (even mine), I get a transparent black screen over the post but the photo doesn't open. And I'm getting a message along the bottom saying an add-on for this site has failed to open. I haven't made any changes to anything on my laptop, so I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

Lou_and_Bette

John, not sure if your problem is the same as I had a while back but something easy to try is: are you signing on using a bookmark? If so, try signing into the forum by typing the actual address in your browser heading like going to a site for the first time. Sometimes there are updates to computer, browsers, forum, etc that cause older bookmarks to act funny.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I had the same problem, I checked a different area of the forum and then went back to the page that I was having difficultly seeing the images in when clicking on them and the image opened up just fine. I did not restart the browser so I am a bit surprised it worked.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I upgraded my laptop and desktop to Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago and this forum has been locking up in Chrome.

Today I am using Windows Edge (Explorer replacement) and it has been locking up on this site only as well.

Matter of fact, this is the second time I've type this post as it locked up again when I clicked on 'Post Quick Reply'.

JohnDar

Just tried opening the forum by entering the address instead of using the bookmark and it works.

JohnDar

Chrome went belly up on me a couple of months ago. I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall, but it would not, so I went back to IE. I don't like Edge, so I don't use it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Once again . . . since about noon mountain time yesterday . . . no email notifications.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have exclusively used Windows Explore. However in MSW8.1 I have Exp. 11 and a previous version of Explore does not work well with this forum. I don't like Chrome and the other browsers but if I want to post and read this forum I have to use Chrome. None of the other forums I am on have a problem with Windows Explore. I don't like that but if I want to participate in this forum I have to use Chrome or something other than Explore. I will not upgrade to Windows 10 at least until I have to have a new computer. If this keeps up I may end up going to Apple products which I don't want to either..

FWIW
BC

JohnD

Went in to my settings and everything is as it should be.

Almost two days and not one single email notification to posts on subscribed threads.

Also checked my spam folder in my email . . . it was empty.

How do I get a picture into my profile,...plus I haven't found the button to start a post??..I get lost on a computer but my four year grandchildren ate great....??