Aftermarket TPMS and Factory installed TPMS

Tundra2084

We have a 2012 Ford F350 single wheel tow vehicle which has a TPMS. I am thinking of installing the TST TPMS on my Fifth Wheel. My question is....If I want to also include the tires on the tow vehicle on the TST TPMS, are the signals somehow going to screw things up between the Factory installed system and the after market system (TST) on the tow vehicle??? LOL Hope I worded this properly..

rjr6150

We have a 2012 Ford F350 single wheel tow vehicle which has a TPMS. I am thinking of installing the TST TPMS on my Fifth Wheel. My question is....If I want to also include the tires on the tow vehicle on the TST TPMS, are the signals somehow going to screw things up between the Factory installed system and the after market system (TST) on the tow vehicle??? LOL Hope I worded this properly..

Frank
No issues on my 16.

danemayer

It's unlikely that the TST sensors and tow vehicle sensors will conflict with one another. But it's also unlikely that the TST monitor can read the signals from the tow vehicle sensors. If you want to know for sure whether TST's monitor will display info from the Ford sensors, you could call TST. 770-889-9102

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I plan on putting the TSTs back on my new truck. I like having all the tire readings on one monitor. Not trailer on one and truck on another.

Last edited:

Tundra2084

Ok. I don't want to read the factory installed TPMS on the aftermarket unit......I just wanted to know if I put the aftermarket senior is installed on the valve stem, if it would be screwed up by the factory installed sensor. So from what I am reading I can install the aftermarket sensors on the tow vehicle tires and read all of the tires on that unit without the signal being screwed up by the factory sensors.

Rollin_Free

Check with TPMS manufacturer regarding any interference potential. Right now it's a flip of the coin if either would work, neither will work, both will work, or if only one will work. The manufacturer is your best resource to accurately answer your question.

I'm not sure if it helps but I do know for sure my TPS 507 sensors worked on my 2014 Tundra without interfering with the factory TPMS.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
I have had factory TPMS on my last two Ram's and the RV TPMS did not cause any issues. But you will need the RV TPMS monitor to read the pressure and temp. One screen will not read both truck and RV unless you have the same type sensors on all wheels and then only the external monitor would work. Ram dealer said I could not reprogram the Truck to read the RV.

danemayer

Ok. I don't want to read the factory installed TPMS on the aftermarket unit......I just wanted to know if I put the aftermarket senior is installed on the valve stem, if it would be screwed up by the factory installed sensor. So from what I am reading I can install the aftermarket sensors on the tow vehicle tires and read all of the tires on that unit without the signal being screwed up by the factory sensors.

My 2014 RAM has tire sensors and there's no interference between the trucks sensors/display and the TST sensors/display.