Side by side or stack

Tree14

Hello ladies! New to the fifth wheel group however I love our new 42 cyclone however I have some questions. Does anyone out there have a washer and dryer in their fifth wheel particularly the Cyclone unit 42. I am getting differing opinions or advice from the local Camping World that only sells Road Warriors. I cannot find the measurements anywhere to order a washer and dryer separate units. I have to have one because we are heading up North for a week plus another couple is going with us. We will eventually upon retirement use this as our home and visit all the national parks with our Harley in the back. I would appreciate any help. I have one more question has anyone done anything with the cupboard area? I know there are lots of things you can do in that area but I am not sure what is behind that wall anyone know?

I appreciate any and all advice thanks so much happy travels to all

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

I don't have a Cyclone, but if you go to the Splendide web page and get the size specs from it, anything that size will fit. Someone just installed a GE stackable washer and dryer. So you don't have to stick with the standard RV washer and dryers. I opted for the Splendide combo washer and dryer with external venting. Make sure you install a washer pan in case of a leak. I replaced the washer valve hookups with a single handle valve. My wife could not turn on the valves of the original equipment one. There are units from Pinnacle and Whirlpool as well that fit RV's. If you want a full sized home unit, well perhaps someone with a toy hauler who has done this can chime in. I don't know if a home unit can withstand the riggers of the road.
http://www.splendide.com/
https://www.rvupgradestore.com/RV-Washers-Dryers-s/194.htm

I just purchased a 2015 cyclone 4200, I will be picking it up Saturday morning. It has washer/dryer hookups in the closet up in master bedroom. But the person that owned this rig before me put full size washer and dryer in toyhauler(garage) where the little sink is from the factory. I haven't looked behind the washer/dryer but it appears that he took out the little sink and tapped into the hot/cold water from sink and put full size washer/dryer. I like it better in garage because I don't want to listen to it if I do laundry at night also if something happens id rather it leak or fail in the garage than in the carpet closet at highest point in the trailer. It could flood trailer in matter of min, happened in my old trailer. Sorry for the rambling I'll see what pics I have and if you need more detailed pics I can get them this saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e3b20fc584c1ce658b994794598bb42d.jpg

mlpeloquin

e3b20fc584c1ce658b994794598bb42d.jpg

I still would have put in a full sized washer pan. Why risk the water inside the rig at all. If there is a leak, the water goes to the pan and outside to the ground. That is the case with the front closet installed washer/dryer we have.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have the Whirlpool stackable unit and love it. Caution - make sure the dryer is the correct type for rvs instead of residential. I'm not good at understanding the electrical type of plugs (it's a girlie thang) but residential dryers run off of a higher voltage than what rvs have.

In my case in old trailer a pan wouldn't have mattered. Unless it drained as fast as it was pouring out. It over flowed and pushed lid open on a top load and was flowing like a fountain. I plan on leaving my setup the way it is for piece of mind. Also being in the garage seems like a better place for washer and dryer, more room to work with than being crowded around the king size bed in a tight closet. JMO

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have the Whirlpool stackable unit and love it. Caution - make sure the dryer is the correct type for rvs instead of residential. I'm not good at understanding the electrical type of plugs (it's a girlie thang) but residential dryers run off of a higher voltage than what rvs have.

What Byrd said is very important. We do not have household 220V plugs available inside our rigs. So a typical residential dryer will not work. The appliances need to be able to plug into a standard outlet (110). Thus, apartment style or rv specific units are more suited. Also check the warranty carefully. I have heard some that say residential units will not be warranted when used in an RV, or at least they will not be serviced if they are installed in an RV.

We have a Splendide Combo, and it has taken a while to get used to it's quirks. It can wrinkle clothes, but I am figuring out it's dependent on how much is loaded in the drum, type of fabric, the dryer setting, and the time dried. Downey Wrinkle Release Spray is my best friend.

Tree14

What Byrd said is very important. We do not have household 220V plugs available inside our rigs. So a typical residential dryer will not work. The appliances need to be able to plug into a standard outlet (110). Thus, apartment style or rv specific units are more suited. Also check the warranty carefully. I have heard some that say residential units will not be warranted when used in an RV, or at least they will not be serviced if they are installed in an RV.

We have a Splendide Combo, and it has taken a while to get used to it's quirks. It can wrinkle clothes, but I am figuring out it's dependent on how much is loaded in the drum, type of fabric, the dryer setting, and the time dried. Downey Wrinkle Release Spray is my best friend.
Thank you. I really didnt want a co.mbo. heard dryibg took forever and i want a vented dryer.

VKTalley

Thank you. I really didnt want a co.mbo. heard dryibg took forever and i want a vented dryer.

Like Erika, I have the combo unit and it is vented. It does take some getting use to but I'm enjoying not hauling laundry to the laundromat every week...only when I need to wash my t-shirt quilts.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
When we were looking at 4200's a dealer told us they couldn't fit stackables in the 4200 closet. That was two years ago though and things change.

Tree14

Like Erika, I have the combo unit and it is vented. It does take some getting use to but I'm enjoying not hauling laundry to the laundromat every week...only when I need to wash my t-shirt quilts.
What midel RV do you have?

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We just installed the splendide stackables last month in our BC 3450 ts and love it so far. No more lugging laundry once a week and no more hunting quarters either. And the big one for me I know where the lint in the dryer came from.

RGVan

We just installed stackable in our 2017 LM Charleston wife loves the convince of the washer but then it spins it vibrates the whole coach even with the 6 point landing gear down will a kingpin jack help with this?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I doubt that a kingpin tripod would eliminate the shake although I have no experience using that tripod while doing laundry.
I do have the six point leveling system, rear stabilizers with JT Strong arms front and rear. Still get some shake.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

We just installed stackable in our 2017 LM Charleston wife loves the convince of the washer but then it spins it vibrates the whole coach even with the 6 point landing gear down will a kingpin jack help with this?

You might chock your wheels with x-chocks. Also, I think TerryH installed stabilizers behind the 6 point rear jacks, which probably would help a lot.

VKTalley

We tried the kingpin jack with our rig and it did not make a difference.