squeak in floor

clotus

In my 2015 Sundance 245XLT I have a spot in the floor near the bed that squeaks when I step. The spot is right where the carpet meets the vinyl flooring on the carpet side. There is a little flex where it squeaks. It is super annoying. Any idea how to fix it? Sign of a larger problem?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Possible the OSB subfloor has loosened from the framing at a joint between panels and needs to be reglued. On a darker note, it has, at times, indicated a front frame flex problem that requires extensive repair. My 2009 BH3670 had a squeak at the foot of the bed and I could feel a slight ridge in that spot. Mentioned it to my dealer back when it was still under warranty and they ended up doing a lot of teardown of the front cap area to repair bad welds. Check your outer walls at the overhang for any signs of stress.

danemayer

If it were your house, you'd probably pull the carpet back just enough to put in a couple of screws. Probably the same in your RV.

mlpeloquin

Be careful where you put screws. Make sure you hit a stud. Pulling the carpet back should revile the proper fastener locations.
For checking for a possible frame problem:
On the out side of your fifth wheel, look at the rounded side trim on the edge of the overhang when setting it on the hitch. If the bottom overhang moves or the trim pulls away from the rig in the upper corner, then you have a frame/fastener problem. When setting the fifth wheel down off the hitch, the trim will move back and appear normal. Don't ask me how I know!