New owner and member

Kgwill

Hi! We are the new owners of a 2017 Bighorn 3760EL. Sitting in driveway learning all about it. Anything that we should be aware of, please let us know. Thanks!

danemayer

Hi Kgwill,

Congratulations on the new Bighorn and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here, so I'm sure you'll get lots of advice shortly.

Let me kick things off by suggesting that you absolutely need a good Water Pressure Regulator. Some campgrounds have very high water pressure that can cause problems inside the coach. You'll find that the inexpensive regulators may also reduce water flow. A good regulator will control pressure while allowing good flow. You can find regulators at the RV Water Filter Store.

You might also want to take a look at our owner-written User Guides, in this folder. They'll answer questions you didn't even know you had.

jimtoo

Hi Kgwill,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

EEdawg

Glad to hear you have a 3760EL. We picked up a new 2016 Bighorn 3760EL in December in Kansas and love it. I have learned some things on mine that may help you. The Air Conditioner operation may need to be watched closely. We are in Laceys Spring, just south of Huntsville. Private message me and I will send you some more contact info. Who did you get your unit from?

EEDawg - we are considering a 3760EL and, of course, now your cryptic remark is making us wonder what you mean - by watching the AC operation closely????

If anyone else has any opinions, or comments we would love to hear them!!

Thanks,
Judy B

'Lil Guy'

I've heard of the issues some have had with the whisper quiet units and I started worrying myself. I've had no issues with our 2016BH except one 12 volt wire came off the 12 volt fuse panel. (simple fix) Remember, If a unit has an issue, it probably will get posted. Forget about the 1000 other units that don't have any issues and no one posts about it. I use to worry about everybody else's issues. No more. I'm enjoying our new BH and leaving for a 3 month trip up north. This our 3rd Heartland product in as many years moving up one foot at a time.lol Heartland will stand behind their products if the need arises but don't worry anticipating problems when your unit is probably trouble free. Just enjoy it.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Kgwill,
Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and a great group. Trace

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum kgwill! Hope you have a blast and make amazing memories in that new Bighorn!

Rod

EEdawg

EEDawg - we are considering a 3760EL and, of course, now your cryptic remark is making us wonder what you mean - by watching the AC operation closely????

If anyone else has any opinions, or comments we would love to hear them!!

Thanks,
Judy B

Rodger and Judy:

Don't let my previous ac comment scare you away!
We absolutely love our new Bighorn 3760el. This is our sixth trailer and it seems to be built much better built and designed than the ones we have had previously. We especially like the layout of this model.
My ac comment was mostly due to other forum posts about the whisper quiet system and my very limited usage of my unit on a few 90 degree days while traveling in Texas. The ac units did cool the trailer; it just took longer than I expected. Most of our trailer usage has been on cool days.
My comment was cryptic because I am not sure if I have a problem at all.
I am home now and really have not had a good chance to come to any conclusion on the ac performance in my specific trailer yet. I don't have adequate trailer power while parked at home to run the ac units. I strongly suspect that if I really have an issue, it will be correctable with just a few minor adjustments.
Us retired engineers like to over analyze things.
I have been to two HOC rallys in just a few months and we enjoyed them very much.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Congratulations on your new Big Horn. Be sure to check out the user guides Dan mentioned there is a ton of really useful info in there. You can also check out my thread "Project LM 365" and let the Mod's begin. Some of my many mods are just convenance, but others have become nasseitys. Most of my top like are nasseitys.
Safe travels
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=54076

Jerrod

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk