Full body paint (Cyclone decal removal) impossible.

chiefneon

Howdy!

We have a 2014 Cyclone 4000 and ordered it with full body paint. When we ordered it we specifically stated we did not want any graffics on it, that is why we spent so much for the full body paint. After we took delivery and had the unit for awhile we found out that Heartland had out sourced the full body paint and when it was returned to the factory they placed the Cyclone decals on the front, rear and both sides over the full body paint.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Fast forward to now. We recently had to have one of our pass through bay doors replaced and painted (it was covered under warranty) due to delamition. Heartland referred use to Precision Paint in Bremen, IN near the Elkhart factory as we in the area there having other warranty issues taken care of. Precision Paint did a wanderfull job on the door matching our full body paint and highly recommend them. I asked if they could remove the Cyclone decals from our unit and there answer was yes it would take them about three hours work. They made and attempt to use a heat gun to remove the decals but gave up. They called in some one that uses another technique and was advised by them it would take several hours of work to remove the front decal and could not assure to not damage the paint. The cap would have to be repainted along with any others removed. We elected to just leave the DAM Cyclone decals in place. Precision Paint stated that they did not know what glue Heartland used to place the decals on with but they did not think they would cause a problem.

So if you consider ordering a unit from Heartland with full body paint I would deman they paint everything and not place their decals over the full body paint you pay so much for even if they are glued on good.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Kbvols

The irony is if you would have wanted the stickers they probably would have refused to put on. Perhaps they should use the sticker glue in the lamination process

mlpeloquin

The only thing you can do now is use a very good UV product on it. Vinyl is destroyed by UV. There are at least two types of vinyl. One is a five year and the other is seven year. I found this out when I met someone that did custom vinyl graphics. You may have recourse if you had it in writing about not having vinyl graphics, but if it was only verbal well.....

danemayer

We have full body paint on our 2011 Landmark. The logos and designs are painted on as part of the full body paint. No vinyl.

I'm can't say for sure if they were still doing that when your rig was built, but that might be why your local guys can't get them off.