Pressure Reducing Valve

Ssthrd

For those who use a PRV on your water system, what do you set the pressure at? Do use the setting that came with the valve?
I am familiar with the local RV sites, and I really have not used one. We are setting out on a 3+ month trek, and I guess I'd better be safe rather than sorry and use one on the road.

I have not had much luck with the Heartland Factory for answers in the past, hence my question here, so I will also ask if any of you would know if Heartland recommends a max water pressure for their system. I did't see one in the owners manual.

Thanks!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think I recall that Heartland recommend 50 psi in the owners manual.
I run my Watts adjustable at 60 psi.

Peace
Dave

Ssthrd

Thanks guys. I am quite familiar with Municipal systems, but not with RV stuff. I wouldn't want to blow something up for sure.

Thanks again.

sjandbj

I bought one of these at Camping World last summer:

View attachment 45742

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/adjustable-water-regulator-lead-free/49511

Normally $70 buckeroos . . . but one day when I was in they had them on sale for $25!

Seems to work good . . . even used it several nights in low-30-degree temps with no issues!

This is the same one that I use. I have gone thru many of the smaller regulators and I got tired of replacing them. This unit is wonderful and has required zero maintenance.

Steve

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
We use the one that JohnD has for 5 years now with no problems. Comes preset to 55# and I believe that it flows 5-6 GPM. GPM and pressure is the key

Ssthrd

Looks good to me, too. I like the idea of the built in gauge on the low side. I'll probably source one.

mlpeloquin

We use the one that JohnD has for 5 years now with no problems. Comes preset to 55# and I believe that it flows 5-6 GPM. GPM and pressure is the key

I have the same one as well. Set it a 48 psi. If you are at a park with excessive pressure, it will go over the pressure setting you have it at. All regulators seem to do this. Even gas pressure regulators. I often had to double regulate in order to get a steady pressure with high pressure. Found this to happen with 135 psi at one park and the park with 200 psi. I readjusted the regulator prior to connecting to the rig. After leaving and hooking up at another park, I only had 28 psi. So take head if the park warns you that it has excessive pressure. You will have to readjust the regulator for that park.