3355RL Add a 2nd Air Conditioner

ghoffman

I have a 2009 3355RL. One A/C won't keep it cool. How difficult is it to add a 2nd A/C. It is not prewired from the factory.

cmart

I hope you get a good answer on this, I also have only one A/C on my 3055 and its just not enough in the summer, especially down and below Hog Country

2nd air conditioner

I just had a low profile unit installed in the bedroom of our 2008 3055RL.
The circuit breaker box had the extra breaker for a 2nd air conditioner already installed from the factory.
My dealer, S&S Rv's in Farina, Illinois did the work for 1 1/2 hours labor.
They had to remove the fan unit and move one ceiling light.
I am sure it will make a big difference on those hot summer nights.

CEMILL
Highland, Il.
Club member #1149

kurtdana

Big Country 2nd A/C

When I bought my 2009 Big Country 3355RL I had the dealer install a second AC in the master bedroom. It really makes the difference in South Texas where I live. The cost was ~$1000.

According to the dealer it is very easy to install a 2nd AC as long as there is wiring already there to power it. It basically replaces the vent fan that is already in the ceiling.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Couldn't live without the second unit. After having a Sundance with only 1 unit, we were determined not to do that again. When we got our 3250 in 2007, we also went ahead and had a second installed in the bedroom before we picked up the rig. Life saving in the summer but also great in the winter using the unit in the bedroom and the fireplace in the big room to heat the rig.