2nd A/c in the toy hauler section

landp

I just bought a 3210 and had the A/C installed in the toy hauler section. My wife is going to use that area as her office space. Is the a/c ok there? will it cause issues?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I know that when you order the extra a/c for the bedroom, they install double trusses adjacent to the a/c pass through opening. I would think if there were to be an issue it MIGHT be the extra weight on the single trusses in the back. I would hope your installer gave that the needed consideration. I'm sure if it would have been an issue, he would have said something about it. I think a/c back there is an awesome idea.

Forrest Fetherolf

I just bought a 3210 and had the A/C installed in the toy hauler section. My wife is going to use that area as her office space. Is the a/c ok there? will it cause issues?

As a building contractor, I would not be concerned with the added weight of the air conditioner, provided the installer installed the A/C between the trusses. As a precaution, if you have to walk on the roof near the A/C, walk on the outer edges near the side walls. My bet...........you will not have a problem.

Forrest

Kurt

Kurt&Gwen
Landp,
How has the a/c in the garage area been working out for you? Have you had any structural issues.

Thanks

timbuktu

I asked the same question about putting the a/c in the garage area a few days ago. Here's the link to the thread: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/21019-2nd-A-C-in-Cyclone-garage-question?highlight=

The factory said they can wire it back there no problem. However, they said nothing about the trusses. But I don't think they would be willing to put it back there if there was a structural issue.

Last edited:

trvlrerik

The 2nd a/c in the garage is a great idea. This would be a great idea for the design ideas for the factory section. The "tent modification " would work much better in the small square footage of the bedroom than it does in the garage.