ATF: Road Warrior - Carefree electric patio awning not returning

danemayer

Hi Nsternberg,

If I'm understanding it correctly, the motor runs when you press one end of the rocker switch, but doesn't run when you press the other end.

If that's right, I'd suggest inspecting the wiring on the backside of the switch.

Garypowell

And...if you think you have a bad switch there are probably 2 others (landing gear and rear pads) that use the same switch so you can swap them out to test.

Take pictures or draw the circuit so you don't get confused.

pegmikef

When I had the carefree awning on my north trail, a couple of times I ran it out too far, and had to use the extend to get it to come back in. Once in it worked ok. Apparently it can wrap around. Try pushing the button for out instead of in and see what happens.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

If it is working one way and not the other it's probably the switch. Like Dan said check the wires on the back of the switch, if they are on good and it still only works one direction, then take a good picture of the factory wiring with your phone. (for future reference) Then swap the 4 outer wires top to bottom and bottom to top criss-cross I think . Then if its the switch it will now come in only and not go out.

ram_1955

I also have a RW with similar issue. If you put a ratchet wrench on the end to manually start the close, take about a half a revolution then try the switch again. I need to get in and find out how the stops work and maybe adjust them.

I also have a RW with similar issue. If you put a ratchet wrench on the end to manually start the close, take about a half a revolution then try the switch again. I need to get in and find out how the stops work and maybe adjust them.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try a couple of them, the switch appears fine but I'll cross wires and see if it works, I thought the motor might have something to do with it.