Pineapple Upside-down Cake

Liesl_s

This is my kind of easy desert to make when we are out camping. Tried it out at home and it was declared a keeper:

Using a muffin tin, line the bottom of each one with canned crushed pineapples (squeeze out some of the juice first.) Place a cherry in the middle of the pineapple. Sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar. Top each one with a canned biscuit (I used the butter-flavored ones.) Bake until the biscuits are done.

Yummy, fast and super easy.

Bobby A

Wow this sounds very good, I have everything so I think I may be trying it this weekend. Thanks.

jimtoo

Just make sure your ingredients are fresh,,, the thread(recipe) is 1 1/2 years old....:) Of course Grandma's chicken soup recipe is probably 400 years old and it's still one of the best cure alls there is....

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
You should try a pineapple upside down cake in a Dutch Oven. Line the Dutch oven with foil (so it can be removed), add the cake as you would in a regular pan, and bake. I think it taste better than one baked in a regular oven.

kkamshop

I made a pineapple upside down dessert one time that was even easier than this one.

Instead of the biscuits, you use plain cake donuts sliced like a bun on top of the pineapple.

Only bake long enough to warm thoroughly and melt the brown sugar mixture.