Easy Cobbler

cjbearden

Visitor
This is a wonderful dessert that is so quick and easy - remember to top with the vanilla ice cream! Enjoy!

2 cans of pie filling (we used sugar free cherry and it was great, apple and peach would also be great. A little cinnamon and sugar on the apple cobber would probably make it even better)

1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix

Stick of butter in thin slices

Heat oven to 350 degrees. (Haven't tried it yet but this might also be cooked in a crockpot - if anyone tries it, let us know how it comes out). Use Bake and 350 in a convection/microwave.

In a 10 x 13 pan or glass baking dish, spread the two cans of pie filling, then sprinkle on the dry cake mix evenly over the pie filling. Top with sliced butter. Cook until brown and bubbly, top with ice cream.

C.J.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
This is a great cobbler.. a friend of mine made some using a dutch oven. Easy and good tasting..

Now I am going to have to whip one up..

Thanks for reminding me..

BC

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
We make the same cobbler in the dutch ovens, but use 3 cans of pie filling.

Also make one with cherry pie filling and a chocolate cake mix. Now I'm not big on cherry pie, but it was really good. the homemade ice cream on top didn't taste bad either.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
This is a wonderful dessert that is so quick and easy - remember to top with the vanilla ice cream! Enjoy!

2 cans of pie filling (we used sugar free cherry and it was great, apple and peach would also be great. A little cinnamon and sugar on the apple cobber would probably make it even better)

1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix

Stick of butter in thin slices

Heat oven to 350 degrees. (Haven't tried it yet but this might also be cooked in a crockpot - if anyone tries it, let us know how it comes out). Use Bake and 350 in a convection/microwave.

In a 10 x 13 pan or glass baking dish, spread the two cans of pie filling, then sprinkle on the dry cake mix evenly over the pie filling. Top with sliced butter. Cook until brown and bubbly, top with ice cream.

C.J.

I made it yesterday and it is great. Let me add the cooking time for a 350 degree oven I used was 50 minutes.

cjbearden

Visitor
Thanks, Sheila, for the cooking time. I am so used to just guestimating that I didn't even think about putting an approximate cooking time. Glad you enjoyed the recipe. :)

My daughter-in-love recently made one for us using fresh blueberries. Yum!

Dave Buck

Have made this for years in a Dutch oven. It's so simple and great tasting. Also have used a crumb toping instead of the cake but mixing 1 cup of flour, 1 cup oatmeal and 1 stick of butter and sprinkle it over the top of the pie filling. For apple filling I also add a little cinnamon, for the cherry I add a handful of chopped walnuts.

Ice cream is great with anything or even by itself.

jmgratz

That cobbler was so good the first time we got to try it again. With a little (maybe alot) of vanilla Blue Bell ice on it when it is warm and mmmmmmmmmm good. I am going to get fat(er)...Jim

bigredtruck

i am going to try it this weekend and if successful, I just found my new favourite pot luck dish for Labour Day

jmgratz

The second batch was just as good as the first. The only difference is we use "No Sugar Added - made with Splenda" cherries. So I guess you can call it "Diet Cobbler".
MMMMMMM MMMMMMM Good!!!

cjbearden

Visitor
Jim and Sheila

The question is - did you also use No Sugar added - made with Splenda ice cream?:D Isn't this stuff habit forming? Glad you are enjoying it.

CJ

jmgratz

Are you kidding? No sugar ice cream. It is just not the same. You got to have some sugar...Life is no fun without sugar (my diabetes :eek: knows that):D

J&B

We loved the cobbler. Since we use the half oven a lot I cut the recipe in half and use an 8x8 pan. The second time we made it we used a regular cherry filling (with chocolate cake mix) and it was way to sweet (that was the only filling I had on hand). It is easy and very good.

bigredtruck

This recipe is amazing and is going to use up all of those cake mixes thtaq I buy and never use (I can't seem to make a cake that is more than 1" high!). I have some blueberry filling calling out to me for tonight!

D

dlpmx

Try using a can of cherry pie filling and a drained can of crushed pineapple mixed.Then the yellow cake mix and butter. We made it like this for years and called it a dump cake.

Dale