Microwave door - High Pointe

DougS

Doug S
Today while on I71 our microwave door opened and the glass dish was teetering on the the edge, one more bump and it would have fallen. Never had this problem before with other RV's that we have owned. So one more thing to do before we move, remove the glass dish. I heard last week that our friends broke their glass dish when their door opened and dish fell and broke. I'm sure this has happened to others.

Domi

I have seen mine bounce all over the inside. I began to worry about it either breaking or breaking the microwave. Now it rides under a pillow on the bed.

John

danemayer

I recall at least one person who had the glass dish bounce around and break the glass in the door. We put ours in a drawer when traveling.

pegmikef

Yep, we have friends whose glass dish jumped out and shattered scattering glass everywhere. We put ours on the couch cushion or bed for travel.

Diamondjim

Gee thanks folks!
One more thing for DW to worry about...............think I'll just not mention what I just read. Life sometimes is easier that way.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Yes...do remove it the plate. Our plate came out...broke the glass in the door and plate shattered all over the floor. We were lucky as our son had a plate and the replacement door was cheap. Sometimes the plate costs more than a new microwave.

mlpeloquin

We always wrap it in a towel and leave it in the microwave. The towel cushions and dampens the bouncing while traveling down the road.

MandA

On a trip this summer our glass dish in the micro bounced out in the floor and broke. Checked on a new one and $28. seemed to much so I found one at a thrift store for $1. Not all dishes are the same. Never had this problem before. The microwave door seems to open and close when traveling. A latch would be nice.