3400 actual weight

timk

Could somone explain why the weight on the cabinet door is about 1000 lbs lighter than the scaled weight.

Really like the rig but dont understand the weight system. Am concerned about my gcvwr.

thanks in advance TimK

BluegrassMan

Actual weight

Hi Timk:

To my knowledge, the sticker is the weight of the trailer BEFORE options,propane,etc. I was told by my dealer, the granite option would add about 500 lbs. more than stated. That being said, it makes sense to believe that weight is the basic trailer. I've heard that it is the bare trailer, before AC,Awning,etc. Scott, Do you have the answer ?:confused:

A few years back I heard rumblings about the RV industry "UNDESTATING" the actual weight ! (Teton and Others). And the Govt. was getting on their case about it.

I'd be interested to find out the truth on this subject, before the states make us get on the SCALES during a trip.:eek:

timk

BluegrassMan

I do understand the brouchures state options are not included in the weight. My confusion has come from every dealer that I have talked to. They are claiming the door weight is the units actual weight. Its hard to believe the dealers dont know the answer to such a basic question.

If you are correct, and its looking like you are. The weight thing seems to make sense. However there are not a lot of options on the bighorn we are looking at. Slide awnings and main awning are all that I can think of at the moment. The bighorn has such a long list of standard items. I suppose there are a few other things that could add up to 1000 lbs.

thanks for your input
TimK