Installing stackable washer/dryer in 390MLB

aviator41

We're looking at installing a stackable washer/dryer in our 390MBL, but there is a large shelf at the top of the washer/dyer location that will obviously have to be removed. My question is, how it this shelf installed? I can find no exposed screws or bolts that would allow the shelf to be removed. Does it have to be CUT out?

I do believe the unit is meant to have a stacked washer/dryer as the vent location marked on the wall is up high, where one would expect it for a stacked unit.

mlpeloquin

Don't believe the marked location for the dryer vent. I was lucky and drilled just next to the steel wall stud. The shelf is screwed in. You lift the top plywood on the shelf and you will find the screws. Get and use a wall stud finder that also finds metal studs. You can also also lower the vent opening as well. In our rig the electrical, water, and drain runs under the chase in the floor and then under our dresser in the bedroom in our Big Horn. Explore to make sure where everything runs first. I also change out the valve to a single handled valve and do add a drain pan under the washer. If you change the valve, use shark bite fittings. They make it so easy to do the change.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We're looking at installing a stackable washer/dryer in our 390MBL, but there is a large shelf at the top of the washer/dyer location that will obviously have to be removed. My question is, how it this shelf installed? I can find no exposed screws or bolts that would allow the shelf to be removed. Does it have to be CUT out?

I do believe the unit is meant to have a stacked washer/dryer as the vent location marked on the wall is up high, where one would expect it for a stacked unit.

Just had stackables installed in my BC and had to remove a shelf as well. I was able to pull off the front piece of trim and remove the bottom of the shelf, both were just stapled on. Doing this exposed the screws that held it to the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk