Cooktop

Routemaster

We are looking at a Key West but it has a electric cook top, would it be a big job to pul it out and install gas range, is the gas pipe there?

jbeletti

My LM365 was built in February of 2015. Mine has the Induction Cooktop "and" it had a gas line running along the frame to under the kitchen slide. The end was capped. There was no line running up into the slide but likely not too hard to do.

I think a qualified person could easily remove the Induction Cooktop and cut in a slide-in Gas Cooktop.

danemayer

Running gas lines isn't too difficult, but may not be an area where you want to take on a learning experience. There are probably some RVIA code requirements that need to be followed, which a qualified tech should be aware of.

oldelmer1

Have you tried the induction yet? DW really likes it, after we had to go but new pots and pans. Perfect temps every time.

rxbristol

I pulled out our gas stove/oven, due to a design fault on one of the burners which caused a fire hazard, and installed an induction. I just got finished recessing and hard wiring it in, so we could still use the counter area, and LOVE it. It's faster to cook and produces a LOT less heat--which is very nice in the summer. We never used the gas oven, especially since we have a convection microwave. I use a Coleman propane burner setup outside for stinky or greasy food. Again, as mentioned above, induction is very nice.

shov

rxbristol
Any pics of the that process. We have been kicking around the idea of upgrading and some of the new rigs we have seen have the induction cooktop and small dishwashers installed. If I could retrofit an induction cooktop I might be able to hold on to my current unit for a few more years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crumgater

I love cooking on gas, and we are often cooking when not plugged in... we do have Honda EU2000's (2 of them) which we can use, but I'd rather not listen to them when cooking breakfast (I'm sure our neighbors would prefer quiet mornings, also).
I could cook outside on the grill... but... this includes Seattle in the fall, so outside isn't always the preferred option.

...to summarize... I'd be looking to replace the induction with a real gas stove AND oven, too. :)

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Our new Big Country 3560SS has the induction and dishwasher on the DW orders and I really like both. The cooking on the induction is so even and quick. No complaints here

rxbristol

rxbristol
Any pics of the that process. We have been kicking around the idea of upgrading and some of the new rigs we have seen have the induction cooktop and small dishwashers installed. If I could retrofit an induction cooktop I might be able to hold on to my current unit for a few more years.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had progress pictures on my old phone before it went kaput. But, after I finish putting a cabinet door on, where the oven used to be, I'll take finished pictures. It took more time than I thought it would and the only part I really enjoyed was hard-wiring it in. I cut the plug off and tied it into the dedicated 20 amp microwave circuit. I installed a 20 amp switch (20 amp not really needed, but I wanted to keep the whole circuit consistent), below the counter top, just for the induction cook-top so it would be easy to cut power to it--I don't like that there is always power to the unit when it is plugged in.