No Dishwasher in Augusta and Other Issues

cjbearden

Visitor
Okay, Jim B., time to chime in - somewhat disappointed that a dishwasher cannot be installed in place of the oven in the Augusta model. Tell us why HL isn't making dishwasher an option any longer. I expected more from the top-of-the-line HL coaches. Paying some healthy bucks for all the bells and whistes and now have to console myself with being happy for the extra counter top space, convection/microwave, stackable w/d, HD tvs. :D Not griping, mind you, just inquiring.

Side posts in all the slides are slighty crooked and all slides need some alignment adjustments. Border trim in a couple of spots are definitely installed crooked. Ever heard of levels?

Changed out dining table due to unfinished edges and two holes in top of table. Turned the table to the side to prevent bumping against sink when slide is retracted. We opted to have only two dining chairs because we need the space for other things - like two cats and their belongings!!! Now if HL would just cut the carpet shorter on the dining slide to prevent the bunching of the edge that would be fantastic. Guess we will live with the bunched look.

Love the hidden hinges for the cabinet doors so I don't have to see the crooked hinges any more.

One grease cap missing from one of the wheels (better than the three that were missing on our former BH).

Hope the factory will give future consideration to making space upstairs under the TV for Tivo box and DVD player. Our great tech at K&C is raising the TV and making room for our Tivo and DVD.

What are other owners of the new Augusta doing for hanging towels in the bathroom? Have you placed any type of furniture or anything in the space between the two pocket doors -something that can be used for storage or whatever? The cheap clear plastic soap dish in the shower is cracked all around the base so had the tech totally remove it and we will use the stick on soap dishes.

All-in-all it appears to be a great unit and we look forward to moving in on the 20th.

Thanks for input from other Augusta owners.

jbeletti

Okay, Jim B., time to chime in - somewhat disappointed that a dishwasher cannot be installed in place of the oven in the Augusta model. Tell us why HL isn't making dishwasher an option any longer.

The dishwasher has not been an option for a couple of years. It never sold well enough to keep them stocked. The Augusta layout, with the sink in the island, has no provision for hot/cold water and gray water discharge in the slide. This is why it is not possible to retrofit a dishwasher in this layout. I trust you investigated this fully before you purchased your new dream.

Hope the factory will give future consideration to making space upstairs under the TV for Tivo box and DVD player. Our great tech at K&C is raising the TV and making room for our Tivo and DVD.

Perhaps something can be figured out on this and I will pass your comments to the factory. Here's what I know and what worked for me. In my experience, the depth of the dresser in the Landmarks is determined by what is left when the bed is fully retracted. The cabinets above the dresser is then similarly made (depth). That depth is not deep enough, in my experience, for a satellite receiver or TIVO plus the connectors on the back side of such units. As such, in my unit, I elected to install the satellite receiver in the bedroom closet on the shelf. The output line was easily fished across the ceiling to a speaker hole, then over to the wall plate hole for the TV. We then had Direct TV supply an RF (UHF) remote control. Now we can control the receiver and don't have to look at it in the bedroom.[/QUOTE]

Jim

cjbearden

Visitor
Thank you, Jim, for your responses. Of course, the salesman thought the service department could perform miracles!!!None We could have actually had a smaller DW installed by the sink but would have lost much needed space. So we are content to do without the DW. We have made it fine for two years without one. Was just trying to avoid having the dish drain sit on the counter. DH says 'we' will wash/dry everything after each meal. Let's see how long that lasts! :D

Appreciate your passing along info on the entertainment items for the bedroom. We require space for our second TIVO box in the bedroom. That way we have capability of recording four shows instead of two - got to keep the TV junkie happy (the DH).

I reiterate that we love our new Augusta. It definitely feels tighter and hear less outside noise with the dual pane windows and the soft ceiling. Once we put everything in place and get to kick back and enjoy, I know we are going to appreciate even more the luxury we have long awaited. Now that we have the dual A/Cs, having the propane oven in addition to the convection oven may just work out after all. Look out Thanksgiving and Christmas - that bird and/or ham are going to be great with all the trimmings.

October Rally - are we going to eat or what? Now I can cook chicken enchiladas and other wonderful dishes with ease! Look forward to seeing our Texas friends at Rayford Crossing.
C.J.