Bacon-Wrapped Munchies

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Here's the recipe for the bacon-wrapped chicken and pineapple munchies we made for the Rally! You can also use some medium-sized shrimp (tails removed) instead of the chicken or pineapple, or double them up - some we made for Rally had both chicken and pineapple in them.

1-2 package(s) of bacon - sliced in half
1-2 can(s) of chunk pineapple - drained
A few boneless, skinless chicken breasts - cut in (pineapple-sized) chunks
Some of your fave BBQ sauce - I usually use Head Country!

Roll the pineapple, chicken, and/or shrimp in the bacon and hold together with a wooden toothpick.
Cook on grill @ 10-15 min, just until one side is done - (oven will work too at @ 350-400).
Brush them real good with the BBQ sauce and turn them over.
Brush the other side with the sauce and continue cooking until done.

You can spice it up a bit by adding some seasoning or cayenne pepper while it's cooking. If you like jalepenos, as I do - cut some fresh ones in slivers and add a sliver inside the bacon. I didn't put any in the bunch for the Rally, but probably should've! Simple to make, tastes great...making my mouth water just typing it! :D Enjoy! :)

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Well HT I will just say these little morsels where delicious ,you did your cooking proud. The only problem with them is that I would eat a ton of them at one time but what else is new. I will definitely make some of these but not sure I can make myself share them. Great meeting you at the Rally.....oh yes and you to Micah:D.......Kenny

SmokeyBare

Thanks HT !!

Karen is sure happy to get your prize winning recipe...

Kicking it Up a notch... Emeril's Essence comes to mind as well.

I'm sure we'll be adding this one to our list of favorites to make potluck's we attend...

Thanks, Marv