Add a roof vent to the bedroom NT KING 26 LRSS

silvasp

Has anyone installed a roof vent in the bedroom of the NT KING 26 LRSS? There is no way to get any ventilation in to the room except from the one emergency exit window.
Also thinking about replacing the window in the bedroom entry door with one that opens.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Last edited:

pegmikef

Huh? They got rid of the roof vent? I had a 2012 NT 26LRSS and it had a roof vent. I was going to add a vent fan, but they had not wired the vent for it. You might check with Heartland to see if it might already be framed for it.

silvasp

Yes. Sorry. I edited the post to say bedroom. It currently has two vents. One in the living area and a powered vent in the bath.
The one I want to add is in the bedroom. Gets stuffy in there.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our previous Heartland Trail Runner 22RK only had one roof vent . . . in the bathroom.

And the bedroom was like yours . . . only had the escape window and an entrance door for ventilation.

We bought a lot of fans to move the air in that trailer.

Camping11MileSmall-IMG_0420.jpg

pegmikef

Yeah, I figured you were talking about the bedroom. My NT had a vent in the bedroom and bathroom, but none in the living room because is was used by the air conditioner which was ducted to the LR, BR and Bathroom. I am surprised they no longer put the vent in the bedroom. I remember it well because my wife had to make a cover for the inside to keep the light out when we were in parks that had bright lights nearby.

silvasp

The official answer from Heartland.

"The North Trail has a roof transition piece that forces the front 24” of the roof to remain solid. With that said there is no way to install a vent in the front bedroom"

CrossRoad

I have the same dilemma as you have. Ours is the Prowler Lynx 26LX. Lost power at the campground the other day and so we had no AC for the bedroom. It was sweltering so, we died!!! Phewww.. it was hot! Anyway, my thought was in pulling out the bathroom vent fan only and adapting a Fantastic fan or similar unit to the bathroom vent. The fan is on a switch so there would be no need to make amends for the bath vent fan delete. That would only leave us requiring a vent cover. Here's were we'd run into trouble. So, alternative two would require a Fantastic Fan like unit that was built into an outside vent cover enabling you to keep the cover you already have to seal the bath vent. This might work?

Another thought would have you punch a hole thru your bedroom wall instead of your roof. I suppose you'd mount a vent fan similarly as you would a roof or hood fan. I have no idea on how this is done.. stud spacing and wall wiring worries aside. These are just ideas. I'm not sure if replacing your emergency window would not violate you camper's safety req's or someone elses if u sell your unit? Hope this helps..

Last edited: