Entry Light

Ldo

Got a question about new 3170rs. Enter your light would come on when exterior door was opened and then go off automatically, pretty handy option. I think when we turned off the entry light at the switch panel in the kitchen we inadvertently stopped the automatic function, darn! Does anyone know how to get it back?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi Ldo,

The Welcome Back Light gets overridden by turning the switch ON. When you turn it OFF, the entry feature should work again.

If the light doesn't come on when the switch is ON, there's a problem with the light or wiring or a fuse.

If the light does come on when the switch is ON, try cycling the switch ON and OFF, then try the door. If it still doesn't work, cycle the switch ON and OFF again and then try the door. If that restores the function, there may be a toggle function in the controller logic as with some outdoor lights. Haven't seen this before on the Welcome Back, but it's worth trying.

Ldo

Entry light

Nevermine, the light is working properly. I guess I was faster than Mohammed Ali. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk