2016 Bighorn leak

Ace11

So we got a brand spank'n new Bighorn and from day one when we hooked up the water there was a leak around the drain for the fresh water tank - I was baffled because it was leaking around the foam on the bottom skin and around the blue drain. Finally I bit the bullet and started removing the Skin - every so often a blast of water would pour out - thinking to myself this is bad

I get the rear section of he skin undone and I start looking up in there and naturally don't see a leak - we both are looking allover - I shake a couple wires and hose to try and make something happen and just barely see a mist of (water)

It ends up being smaller than a pin hole in the water line o the Ice Maker

Crazy

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Hi Ace11,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Yep,, those ice maker lines do leak sometimes almost like for no reason at all. I just had to replace mine last week.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

HOGHAULER

I had the same problem online although my ice maker line leaks in the kitchen the slide causing extensive damage to the woodwork soaking the carpeting underneath the cabinets excetera excetera the all was due to the line being bent and then straightened out by the dealer to correct a no water situation going to the ice maker and water in the door

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk