Exceptional customer service with SWC (pleated day/night shades)

Bobby A

My rear day/night shade finally broke after 6 plus year of full time and 100's of open/closes. I called Specialize Window Coverings (SWC) there sticker is underneath the bottom of the shade, and spoke to a gal named Mindy, since we are in MI. I asked her if I could bring in the blind and if it was possible to get same day service? She was exceptionally friendly and willing to help. She said sure, bring in the blind and we will repair it, it takes about an hour. I was blown away !! The facility was 5 minutes from the fair grounds where are Rally's are in Goshen so I know the area quite well, we went to breakfast and came back in an hour and sure enough the blind was completely restrung and waiting for us. Again, Mindy was GREAT and I cant remember when I had a company with such high customer service in mind. I thanked her several times and told her what awesome customer service she provided. There was a small charge that I was happy to pay. If your not anywhere near Goshen you can also ship the blind to them for repair. Our friends in a SOB needs there blind repaired and they have Irvine window coverings, when they called they had the opposite customer service that I had, They said the people were very rude and said to ship it to them and they would get to it when ever they had time.
Its nice to know that some of our coaches suppliers still have good customer service. Thank Mindy for GREAT C/S

jbeletti

Great news Bobby and thank you for sharing! Please reply with their phone number and street address as this could come in handy for others.

dlw930

Wish I'd known, we were through Goshen last week shortly after one of our day/night blinds strings broke. I ordered off Amazon for $24.99 and restrung myself in two or three hours (for a 4 string shade). Just curious, what was SWC's charge for rest ringing? FYI, I called Heartland CS and they could order a new 50"x29" shade for $75. Can you share SWC's phone #? I couldn't find it on my shades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobby A

Hear ya go guys,
my back shade is approx. 70X45 and SWC charge was $25.00 for a complete re string which I was happy to pay, I have re strung some of the small ones but didn't wanna tackle the large one. The address is
1614 N Eisenhower Dr.
Goshen, IN 46526
Ph# 574-262-5190
Don't forget to ask for Mindy
Jim, its basically right down the street from one of our favorite eateries ( Lux café)

dlw930

x2 on the Lux! Of course, I also have to cast votes for Das Essenhaus, the Blue Gate and the 5 & 20 in Middlebury and Shipsewana. We leave the area today. Can't wait to come back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNOKING

Our former SOB had Irvine window coverings and I found them very nice regarding CS. I called about the plastic inserts that got deformed and she sent me new pieces at no charge. We have Hunter/Douglas in the SB and they have been great also.

Chris