Water pump loud

eepks

2010 NT 21 FBS.

The water pump is loud. Is this normal? Almost sounds like it is straining. Water pressure is very good.

TIA

Eric

jimtoo

Hi Eric,

Most of the pumps do make some noise. You might set it on a rubber pad cause it's probably just setting on the wood panel now... some folks also replace the intake and output line with something a little more flexible.

Jim M

danemayer

Another owner has done some work to quiet his water pump. He has a lengthy list of modifications to his rig, with the water pump modification being #74. There are several links because he's tried several approaches. Here's a link.

Sierra66

I found I was having the same issue. I ordered a pump silencing kit (amazon 2 hose kit) and an expansion tank pre pressurized at 30psi and is adjustable (all on amazon prime). After installing both of these I found the pump not only cycled 50%less but was at least 75% more quiet. Both the acculumulator tank and pump already have rubber feet, just make sure the screws aren't tightened down too much eliminating the isolation effect. Very happy with our upgraded my pump system.

Donszarko

Do I need a new water pump?
The water pump in my 2013 Big Country has rattled excessively since I bought it. I tried sliding foam tube covering over as many of the plastic lines as I could reach . That didn't work very well.

The rattle seems to be coming directly from the outflow at the pump itself. I did have to insert an inline valve to prevent recycling as the one inside the pump wasn't working.

Pump pressure seems fine.

Original pump is an ARTIS. Wondering if if a new "SurFlow" pump would run quieter?

Don

danemayer

Do I need a new water pump?
The water pump in my 2013 Big Country has rattled excessively since I bought it. I tried sliding foam tube covering over as many of the plastic lines as I could reach . That didn't work very well.

The rattle seems to be coming directly from the outflow at the pump itself. I did have to insert an inline valve to prevent recycling as the one inside the pump wasn't working.

Pump pressure seems fine.

Original pump is an ARTIS. Wondering if if a new "SurFlow" pump would run quieter?

Don

Before buying a new pump, take a look at #74 in this listing of modifications and follow the several links to see how Jesstalkn reduced the noise on his.