Storage door gas assist rod Stabilus Inter-Stop 5769RF 0250N

Jturbo10

One of my gas assist door opener/stabilizer has frozen up and needs to be replaced. I have a 2007 5th Wheel 3400RL Heartland Big Horn and the broken gas rod is located on the left front storage door where access to the basement and the water/satellite is obtained. The part number is Stabilus Inter-Stop 5769RF 0250N 248/6 A 2. I think the 250N is the pressurized nitrogen charge, and the 248/6 may be Julian date/year. I tried to search the internet for this part but no luck. Anyone have any info who might be a source for these stabilizers? I will also try Heartland tomorrow. Thanks. Joe

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Take it with you to a NAPA store. They have a large assortment of gas shocks. If not in stock...they can get one. They can match the new one to the old ones specs.

Bones

that is pretty much a 60lb gas strut. Measure your open length of the strut and you should be able to order a replacement that way. To make sure take your old strut off and place it on a scale and measure how many pounds it takes to compress the strut and that should give you an idea of force you need. That combined with open length you are golden.

richheck

Seasoned Member
Just remember that is an "Inter-Stop" strut, not a regular strut meaning the "inter-Stop" strut is designed to stop mid way to keep your door from contacting the slide above but still allow you to unhook the stop cable and open fully if desired. You do not want to mix "Inter-Stop" struts with regular struts causing one side to fully extend while the other stops mid way.

Bones

I got rid of my two stage strut because it was breaking the hinge and I use single stage struts with no issues.

richheck

Seasoned Member
Single stage struts will not be an issue as long as your bedroom slide does not extend beyond the open door. Problem was some people forget to close slide with door open and the bottom of the slide would catch the door and cause major damages.