Thank You for the advice on tires

Tundra2084

Well today was the day we upgraded our tires to the Sailun 637s and what a difference between the ones that came on the unit and the new ones. We ordered the Sailun from a truck tire dealer, and all the guy could say was he had never seen a 14ply tire before, and was surprised at how heavy they were. They sure are a nice looking tire with some hefty tread, and on the short distance back to storage they rode nice pulling the fiver.
Next are new tires for the truck. Had to order the Michelin LXT A/T 2 and will have them installed when they come in, hopefully next week. Still looking at TPMS but, that will have to wait until we can have them delivered to the states in August when we are there.
And last but not least, we want to upgrade to the Titun disc brakes, but having a hard time arranging a time and place where we can have them installed, but won't give up as they are a safety issue that we would like to have on our rig. There is nobody up here in Ontario Canada who knows anything about changing over the brakes to the disc brakes on a trailer. Then again trying to find the brakes isn't an easy thing either. Heck we can't even get the TST TPMS up here unless we want to pay broker fees that are almost as much as the TPMS are to buy.

Anyway just wanted to thank you for all the information you've posted about quality products like the Sailun 637s.

jnbhobe

You don't have to run Michelin tires on your truck either, I think they are too expensive for what you get, I barley got 30K out of them on my last truck.

Miltp920

Sell those old tires to a farmer, or someone pulling a smaller utility trailer. Get some $$ back.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I'm with Jon. Have 30K on this second set and they will need replaced this fall. I'm thinking some Firestones for the next set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk