Hood fan blowing backwards

crobinm

We recently bought a 2011 heartland M21 RV. On our first overnight trip we found that the vent fan over the propane stove top had an outside vent that needed to be opened, which was easy to do, but no air was coming out of it. A piece of tissue showed that with the little outside flap held open, the fan was pulling air in, so it would not be pushing cooking fumes out. The little fan is turning opposite to the arrow stamped on the plastic. The question is how to fix this.

wdk450

You should be able to remove the fan assembly from the hood, disconnect the fan blade from the motor shaft, flip the fan over, and re-attach it to the motor shaft.

On 2nd thought, this is a 12 volt direct current electric fan. If you simply break into the motor power leads somewhere, and reverse the connections on the 2 wires, the fan should rotate in the needed direction to blow air out of the hood to the outside.

hoefler

Make sure the battery is installed correctly, if the wires are reversed, most everything will work, except backwards. Light bulbs don't care. If battery is correct, the fan is wired backwards, you will need to swap the wires.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

That's why I ask if it is microwave fan. The microwave could have been installed with the fan blowing up instead of back. When you install it in a RV you have to remove the fan and rotate it to blow out the back.
Some of you know how many I've installed in the last year. LOL

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk