Running residential refrigerator while driving

jpnarigon

We are having trouble figuring out how to keep our Residential refrigerator running while driving. We are new to RVing. Bought our first RV a 2017 cyclone toyhauler, which we love! But as newbies we are on a learning curve, any help will be appreciated.

jimtoo

Hi jpmarigon,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I think there is a switch that you need to turn on to keep it running while driving. But I gonna have to let another owner with more experience with that residential fridge jump in.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Jpnarigon and welcome to this great forum.
If you look at the top of any page on this forum you will see "Tools". There is much information there including some manuals for residential refrigerator operation. Here is a link to the manuals for residential refrigerators and there components. [LINK]
You should find the information you seek there.
You will also get some tips from other owners.

Peace
Dave

IronJ

You gotta make sure the battery disconnect to the inverter is on (in compartment next to generator)

And you must also power on the inverter at the panel (top button on the lil panel that says xantrex)..

Then it should run fine while your tooling along...

Good luck!!

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Mine is a white invertor switch you just hold the switch in until the green light comes on and stays on. I'm told you can leave it on all the time, but I choose to turn it off when hooked to shore power.
3b9e78ab0516be5e5e6482cf5ae5e40e.jpg

32facbc9e823730385ee9fdec045b9fa.jpg

Bones

I do the same when hoked to shore power. I turn the switch off. I see no sense in letting the inverter run when not needed.

rdufek

And be sure that doors are secured on the refrigerator when traveling down the road :(, I've had some experience with this needless to say. I use velcro cable straps around the door handles to help secure the doors better. They work wonderfully!!!

Bob and Valerie Dufek

And our beloved Saint Penelope
2015 BH 3750FL
2014 Ram 3500 DRW
HOC # 2858

Bones

I purchased these and they work well so far

Capture.JPG

They are 8 bucks right now on Amazon

IronJ

Mine came with a velcro strap for the doors but my problem is the bottom freezer door popping open...we just stick a couple pillows in front of it...I don't like the locks sticking off the front of my fridge...lol...I'm ocd like that

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish