Major Hail Damage places for repair Denver & Front Range

rjr6150

Last Monday getting ready for a trip we had a major rain/hail storm move in. We had the LM sitting out getting it loaded up and weren't able to get it back into the garage.

Insurance adjuster was out Wednesday to look it over and wanted to know my preference of places to repaid. Will let you know it's going to need paint and all new J-channel. Spoke with a collision shop in town he recommend either RV America in Loveland or Diversified Body and Paint in Denver.

Anyone have recommendations or thoughts.

Thanks

olcoon

Where ever you have it done, if it needs to be painted, make sure they have a sealed paint shop. A friend had to have his painted & the shop that was doing it didn't have a sealed paint booth, and it was a windy, dusty day. End result was that the "finished" product almost felt like sand paper because of the dust that the wet paint collected.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Last Monday getting ready for a trip we had a major rain/hail storm move in. We had the LM sitting out getting it loaded up and weren't able to get it back into the garage.

Insurance adjuster was out Wednesday to look it over and wanted to know my preference of places to repaid. Will let you know it's going to need paint and all new J-channel. Spoke with a collision shop in town he recommend either RV America in Loveland or Diversified Body and Paint in Denver.

Anyone have recommendations or thoughts.

Thanks

Sorry to hear about this . . .

RV America is now Lazy Days RV . . . they also have a big dealership in Aurora.

I've been told by many that the Windish RV dealership at the Longmont Highway 119 exit does excellent work, although I don't know if they have a paint booth.

When my truck was just two weeks old and around 1000 miles on it I got $2500 worth of hail damage when it was parked at work in Lone Tree.

I was bummed . . . but I never did get the hail damage fixed.

I still have the check from the insurance company (guess I should send it back).

There really is only one ding on the hood that I can see . . . the rest you really have to look hard to find them.

That same storm that got your Landmark gave me a few more minor hail dings on the truck, but still not bad enough to make me get them fixed.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I would give Windish a call. Last winter they slid our rig into another and did some side damage, broke the front lhs window, and ripped off the awning arm on the front. Cannot tell anything happened after their repairs. RV America used to be our go to but now that they sold out to Lazy Days most of their good repair techs have gone over to Windish due to poor response to their corporate practices.

rjr6150

I would give Windish a call. Last winter they slid our rig into another and did some side damage, broke the front lhs window, and ripped off the awning arm on the front. Cannot tell anything happened after their repairs. RV America used to be our go to but now that they sold out to Lazy Days most of their good repair techs have gone over to Windish due to poor response to their corporate practices.

Mike
Thanks for the info. Spoke with one of the service writers today and received the old bring it up and leave it should be able to complete the estimate within a week or so.

Taking it to Rich & Son in Grand Island, NE. On Monday. They will look it over and work up the estimate same day.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Randy,

Glad they are able to get it in and checked out. I have had great luck with them and they have always gone out of their way to help us out with any problems. Hope all the repairs can get done in a timely manner.