Cyclone 3914

whp4262

IMG_1828.JPGIMG_1829.JPGIMG_1830.JPGI'm looking for someone who owns a 3914 that can answer a question for me. I need to know if the bevel faces up or down on the off door slide floor, the one with the couch. I ordered a new slide floor for my 3914 and it came with the beveled side of the floor coated and the non beveled side is bare wood. Customer service said the beveled side goes down which is just the opposite of how my current floor is installed. Also the texture of the coating is smooth, it's more like non-skid coating.

Willis

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The last picture looks correct to me. The black side is the underside and the bevel needs to ride up when the slide is retracted.

Peace
Dave

whp4262

The last picture looks correct to me. The black side is the underside and the bevel needs to ride up when the slide is retracted.

Peace
Dave

Hi Dave

That's what the customer service guy said. So that means my slide floor was installed upside down. Not surprised I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
So your saying that the slide floor was installed upside down?
Can you take a picture of the top and bottom of the existing floor?
One more I gotta ask, did you buy this Cyclone new?

Peace
Dave

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

whp4262

So your saying that the slide floor was installed upside down?
Can you take a picture of the top and bottom of the existing floor?
One more I gotta ask, did you buy this Cyclone new?

Peace
Dave

Here are a couple pictures. And no I bought it from a Heartland dealer when it was 4 years oldImage1467417157.184815.jpg
38a247de140be61ba7b6445d0419df51.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Definitely upside down.
It may have been replaced once before.
There should also have been a hard piece of either plastic or aluminum to support that little flap of carpet.

Peace
Dave

whp4262

Definitely upside down.
It may have been replaced once before.
There should also have been a hard piece of either plastic or aluminum to support that little flap of carpet.

Peace
Dave

Not a big surprise. We bought this thing thinking we wouldn't have to work on it for a couple years. It lasted one year and all I've done is work on it. The slide floor in the pictures had rot and it was filled in with putty and painted black to match the rest of the floor. They did a good job because you couldn't tell by looking at, at least until it started coming apart after we bought it and made a couple trips. I'm hoping to have it finished by the third week in July when we leave for Colorado on vacation.